Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Window.

[La...]

If anyone hasn’t read my post entitled Must read: A letter to you, then please go read it! Read it twice if you need to 🤗🤝

[So...]

@[La...] did you have a bad wave around the year mark? Im a couple weeks shy of one year & have been in an acute like wave for 1.5 months now 😮‍💨

[La...]
17 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[La...] did you have a bad wave around the year mark? Im a couple weeks shy of one year & have been in an acute like wave for 1.5 months now 😮‍💨

Hi Soapy. Yes I did have a rough wave around the 1 year mark that lasted a couple of months. It wasn’t continuous awfulness around the clock for that long. There were brief windows each day. I also had other times in my healing like that at the 16 month, 2 year, 3 year. But, each time I had one of those “ milestone waves” they were less intense and shorter in duration. Each time I came out of them, I healed a lot! They are just the brain doing some fine tuning. This is very common in the process of recovering. It doesn’t mean you’re not going to heal. It doesn’t mean you’re getting worse even though it might feel that way. It doesn’t mean something else is wrong. This has happened to the majority of people who are going or have gone through this. I say it’s fine tuning because when it lets up, the baseline is better. IMO, the brain got to a point that it said “ ok I need to work on this part harder so we won’t be having these symptoms because this is not our normal state.”  It sucks the way it feels but it’s a good thing. There’s a saying on this forum…feeling it means its healing it. It is temporary and will pass. 

On 28/12/2023 at 00:11, [[M...] said:

I hope you will heal soon.

I don’t understand this whole wd I have had 3 semi windows of all 1-2 hours and beside that no improvements physically very bad with stiff body dystonia muscles pulling me and turning into stone. 

i don’t know what to tell you as I am only a year , but I hope you feel better soon. Maybe try to find if there are foods or activities that increase your symptoms. For me bad food makes little worse but not to the point of eating only salads and meat :) low carb didn’t do anything for me