Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Window.

Hello was this a window for  10 minutes early hours or did my brain forget to be anxious.  Thank you 

Xxxx

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Sounds like it might :))

your first??

Thank.you yea the

First. Just over 3 years of last Diazapan 

Xx

• Love 1

[Bu...]

Hey @[...],

I call any time that I feel well or get a break from symptoms, a window.  So, I'd say you had one!  Congrats!!!

That's good. Wish I could get  better. Seem to be getting worse.  Xx

1 minute ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[...],

I call any time that I feel well or get a break from symptoms, a window.  So, I'd say you had one!  Congrats!!!

Thank you. I am doubting it so much. Feel worse since.how are you.  Xx

[La...]

Congrats Dut! Yeessssss. That was a window.. Aren’t they. Lovely. Good news is you’ll start getting more of those and they’ll start lasting longer as well as become better quality. That’s the usual course they take. 
In benzo land…as far as windows are concerned…..

Trust the windows! Cherish the windows! Don’t go do too much too soon in the windows! Remember the windows because it gives you something to look forward to! The windows are a good sign that your brain is healing and practicing getting it right! The windows are the real you peeking out to say hello ( you’re still in there)! 
When I got my first good real window, I was so shocked that I just sat there like a deer in headlights! Lol I couldn’t believe how almost normal I felt. It didn’t last long but boy did it give me a good boost in confidence and hope that I was headed in the right direction finally.

May you have another one real soon! Hugs 🤗 

Edited by [La...]
  • Like 2

[jo...]

I sometimes wonder. When we get a window, do you think our brains know that we need a break? Or is it just a fortunate bi product of the way our brains naturally heal themselves... and they dont give a shit if we get a break or not. And I wonder why some people dont get windows, but still heal. 

4 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Congrats Dut! Yeessssss. That was a widow. Aren’t they. Lovely. Good news is you’ll start getting more of those and they’ll start lasting longer as well as become better quality. That’s the usual course they take. 
In benzo land…as far as windows are concerned…..

Trust the windows! Cherish the windows! Don’t go do too much too soon in the windows! Remember the windows because it gives you something to look forward to! The windows are a good sign that your brain is healing and practicing getting it right! The windows are the real you peeking out to say hello ( you’re still in there)! 
When I got my first good real window, I was so shocked that I just sat there like a deer in headlights! Lol I couldn’t believe how almost normal I felt. It didn’t last long but boy did it give me a good boost in confidence and hope that I was headed in the right direction finally.

May you have another one real soon! Hugs 🤗 

Thank you so much for your kind words.  All the best to you.  Xx

• Love 1

3 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I sometimes wonder. When we get a window, do you think our brains know that we need a break? Or is it just a fortunate bi product of the way our brains naturally heal themselves... and they dont give a shit if we get a break or not. And I wonder why some people dont get windows, but still heal. 

Thank you.  Yes It is all very confusing.  I don't know if this is me now or the withdrawal been so long.  How are you.  Xx

[La...]
12 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Ok this is just my opinion because it’s the only thing that has made sense to me…

The brain’s job is to maintain homeostasis. The GABA and glutamate job is to see to it that the balance is just right. The brain give the receptors a job to perform to keep things in that balance. With our receptors being down regulated ( injured), when they are given the job, they can’t do it properly. They still try to. Either the effort or the unsuccessful of it is why we get waves. 
When the brain assign the job to receptors that are not injured or to receptors that have healed enough, we get windows. 
The brain is always assigning jobs to receptors so sometimes it gives it to the uninjured/ repaired and sometimes the injured ones. In the acute phase, there are MANY receptors that are injured given jobs to do. Like having a bag of chips with several broken in pieces and some not broken. You reach in the bag and pull out a broken one. If it’s too broken you reach back in to find a better one to use to eat your dip. I hope that example makes sense. If you pick out all the broken ones then all you have left is whole ones. Our brains are reaching for the healthy receptors. As we heal, there’s more good ones than injured ones. So what happens? We get windows- days, weeks and months of them. As we heal more, we get that much awaited permanent window! When we get a brief window, IMO, the brain found a receptor that could do the job. 
I hope I didn’t confuse anyone and hope it helps. It certainly helped me to better accept the process. Our symptoms and waves SUCK but they’re not our enemy. The pills was! 
if you’d like a better take on my explanation, please look up Parker’s post on “What’s happening in the brain”. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Ok this is just my opinion because it’s the only thing that has made sense to me…

The brain’s job is to maintain homeostasis. The GABA and glutamate job is to see to it that the balance is just right. The brain give the receptors a job to perform to keep things in that balance. With our receptors being down regulated ( injured), when they are given the job, they can’t do it properly. They still try to. Either the effort or the unsuccessful of it is why we get waves. 
When the brain assign the job to receptors that are not injured or to receptors that have healed enough, we get windows. 
The brain is always assigning jobs to receptors so sometimes it gives it to the uninjured/ repaired and sometimes the injured ones. In the acute phase, there are MANY receptors that are injured given jobs to do. Like having a bag of chips with several broken in pieces and some not broken. You reach in the bag and pull out a broken one. If it’s too broken you reach back in to find a better one to use to eat your dip. I hope that example makes sense. If you pick out all the broken ones then all you have left is whole ones. Our brains are reaching for the healthy receptors. As we heal, there’s more good ones than injured ones. So what happens? We get windows- days, weeks and months of them. As we heal more, we get that much awaited permanent window! When we get a brief window, IMO, the brain found a receptor that could do the job. 
I hope I didn’t confuse anyone and hope it helps. It certainly helped me to better accept the process. Our symptoms and waves SUCK but they’re not our enemy. The pills was! 
if you’d like a better take on my explanation, please look up Parker’s post on “What’s happening in the brain”. 

Thank you.  You are  very kind.xx

• Love 1