Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Ladies Only...

[So...]

Okay guys- so it seems I have a yeast infection, not in my down under area, but in my bladder/urinary tract.  Gynecologist says they've never even seen this before.

I have tried garlic pills, natural Femiclear Yeast treatment, coconut oil, probiotics, yogurt, NOTHING is getting rid of this and it is REALLY bad at this point.  Like the gyno told me I may have to go to the ER.

I was prescribed Diflucan, but I am so scared to take it bcuz my akathisia has kicked up again this past month and I know I am in an incredibly sensitive, fragile state.

Is there anything else that could possibly work?  I would have to take something orally I think, since this is in my urinary tract.  

I am trying boric acid tonight as my last ditch effort, but I am in so much pain after not being able to successfully treat this for the past month, I may have to just take the damn pill. 😔

[or...]

@[So...] I know how scared you are but a UTI, (even though yours is caused by yeast) shouldn't be messed with imo. If it were me, I'd take the damned pill and deal with whatever comes, later. At least you'd be at peace that the yeast is dead. :sick:  Bummer, Soapy. I feel for you. 

Katz

[So...]

Hey, thank you!  Yes I think I will have to, ugh.  I'm going to at least try boric acid tonight, but if it isn't clearing up in a couple days I will take the Diflucan :P hate that I'm prone to getting these, I had one last year too. @[or...]

[Kr...]

The diflucan may even help you feel better in general since it will kill any fungal growth in other areas. I used it years ago and back then it didn’t do anything negative but killed the yeasts and actually I felt so much better being on it. I had candida so bad it was in my bloodstream mouth, and all mucus membranes. Had to do diflucan for 30 days. 

[So...]

Yes, doesnt seem to have harmed me so far and I took it 2 days ago @[Kr...] ... will keep everyone updated on how I do as I know Diflucan has a 7 day half life!

Just super scary having to take this med in a bad wave as I can't imagine things getting worse than they are right now.  

I actually am already having relief from the yeast, was very scary since I was having incredible abdominal pain and a racing heart, was told to go to the ER by the gyno but was too scared to even do that so I just took the damn pill 😜

Thank you for replying :)

• Like 1

[Ho...]

Hi @[So...], I have one thought and I'll just spill it so you can decide if it's useful or not! My husband's aunt, a nurse (now 96!) believes excess candida is the cause of yeast infections. Excess candida in a woman's body comes from too much sugar, which includes white bread as it breaks down into sugar-like substances and adds to the sugar burden. So you might want to check your diet and avoid foods like candy, cookies, breads, cake etc. That's one thought (not accusing you of unbridled cookie-eating here!!:))

Even if you're not eating a lot of any of those, it might be that you need to stay away from any of it for a while. Foods that lower inflammation, like blueberries, broccoli and other leafy green veggies might also give your body some ammunition against candida/yeast.

Oh! I just read you took the diflucan and have some relief. GOOD!! Nothing could be better!!

Hugs,

HCHC

[So...]

Hey @[Ho...] thanks so much for the feedback!! ❤️. Somehow I never connected those dots on my own and I get chronic yeast infections at least once a year 😵‍💫  yeast is how bread is made and I'm getting yeast infections.. omg duhhh lol.

Haven't been eating desert items, but I sure do eat white bread occasionally.  Anything I could do to prevent this in the future would help.  I've been wanting to change my diet more anyways, just haven't picked a diet yet and I scare myself when I try and find the right one so I've just been staying away from the processed sugary foods, and unnecessary additives, but I won't lie, my husband doesn't cook and I haven't always been able to so when I am doing bad I find myself slipping up a lot.

Thanks for your input, I'm going to answer your DM soon I just have been trying to collect myself and muster up the brain power 😂

• Like 1