Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bruxism

[in...]

So I quit taking Clonazepam 13 days ago. I've suffered from bruxism during daytime for a couple of years now, but it's giving me headaches because the benzo's not there to make me relaxed anymore. I don't want to go to the dentist for this. Do you guys have any solutions or tips? Thanks / I

Edited by [in...]

[Cr...]

I recall seeing mouth guards often being recommended and being of benefit.

Look up Brux Guards. Do you find yourself grinding teeth even when awake?

[Cr...]

All I was able to find was stuff about biofeedback and doing jaw exercises during the day. Some people even wear their guards while awake. 

There was a reddit thread where several people said magnesium helped with it. Not sure how, but I don't think any of the respondents were going through BW.

Would chewing a large piece of gum at all times help to keep your jaw from staying shut and grinding?

[in...]
Posted (edited)

Chewing gum will make the muscles even more fatigued. I've heard about magnesium as well. But it needs to be some specific kind. I just don't know which one to go for 🙃

Edited by [in...]

[Cr...]

Maybe both? I used magnesium citrate and glycinate in WD and had no issues. Obviously everyone is unique in what they can tolerate but it is at least worth a shot.

Also you don't need to be repeatedly chewing the gum, just having it in your mouth may natural help with clenching.

They say eight 8 ounce glasses of water a day, so you could get a 32 ounce bottle for water (refill once) and sip it often throughout the day to keep your mouth occupied.

• Like 1