Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Histamine, DAO and mast cell activation, lets start a good talk on this!

[ba...]

[ba...]

With the info that valium is a mast cell destabilizer, I would like to start a fresh discussion on mast cell activation and histamine. If you felllow buddies want to talk about options, coping, etc, I think its a good time to revisit this topic.

I just took a hydrocodone for my never ending cranial headaches, and had an amyphylactic response. Looked it up, it's a mast cell destabilezer. 

Have looked on on numerous threads over the years about this.

Would like anyone to chime in who has used DAO, how did that work?

And, is there a medical test for mast cell activation?

And, anything else!

Lets see what we can learn!

[ba...]

I will start. I am a hot mess, between a killer migraine and the histamine reaction from the opiod. I am drinking raw cranberry juice to try and combat the histamine. Feel just horrible. I have been drinking it since I was a child as I have only 1 kidney, and it is high in antioxidants.

From very well health (https://www.verywellhealth.com/natural-antihistamine-5224433#:~:text=What is the most powerful,butterbur%2C bromelain%2C and probiotics.)

• What is the most powerful natural antihistamine?

Researchers haven’t yet established any natural product as the “best” or “most powerful.” Natural antihistamines with the most research backing their use include stinging nettle, vitamin C, quercetin, butterbur, bromelain, and probiotics.

[Al...]

Hi @[ba...]

Do you think Klonopin could be raising my histamine levels? It feels like my childhood asthma is coming back and I feel kind of itchy all over my body. Do you think it's histamine or something else?

[Ma...]

I took 1/8 tsp of Quercetin and I could feel my brain moving or something and I felt like I was on speed. 🤷‍♀️