Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Horrible feelings

[gu...]

Do other people get flooded with surges of bizarre horrible feelings? Feelings of breaking down, feelings of horror or dread… They just come out of nowhere?

[ro...]
6 minutes ago, [[g...] said:

Do other people get flooded with surges of bizarre horrible feelings? Feelings of breaking down, feelings of horror or dread… They just come out of nowhere?

Yes constantly. Over and over

[En...]
18 minutes ago, [[g...] said:

Some days I get this. It seems to come in waves. 

[gu...]

Those feelings are alternating with such pain and despair….terrible

• Like 1

[Cr...]

Gutsy, does the intensity of your symptoms fluctuate during the day? Like, are they better at noon for a few hours or night?

[Cr...]

Thanks for answering, my waves were the worst in the morning and them again betweem 1 and 4 pm.

Since we have the Long Haulers group with members as far out as you, I am well aware of how very real protracted withdrawal is. But I always ask this just the same. Forgive me if you told me and I don't remember, but have you had tests (hormone levels, thyroid, vitamin, cbc) done to rule out other issues?

This wave has been going on for 5 months and you are over 7 years off. If what you are dealing with is 100% from a late wave caused by past benzo use then your only option is to wait it out. If there is a chance that something else is contributing to this, then it is possible to overcome it without just waiting.

One member happened to catch Lyme disease while in recovery and when several years went by and she still had symptoms, she attributed it just to a long withdrawal. I think she said a doctor eventually got the idea based on her symptoms to test her. I will try to find her story.

I am not saying Lyme is a factor at all in your case. The point is is that various ailments and changes can occur at any point in our lives, so it would be wise to always keep your mind open to reasonable possibilities and rule them out.

Did you also say you are currently on a medication?

• Love 1

[gu...]
Posted (edited)

No meds. No dr visit.  Baylissa has said that all of my sxs are typical of late stage wave, that I could see a doctor if I want but nothing I’m talking about sounds sinister. Let me be clear, she did not tell me not to go to the doctor.  
     There are just way too many different symptoms coming and going for it to be something else. In my opinion. I’m not going to start chasing doctors now.  I had blood work done a year ago when crazy dizziness started, I had a EKG and a brain scan this January. Everything is normal. I do not wanna start going down that rabbit hole. But thank you for your concern. I do not believe that terror followed by horror, followed by anguish and on and on would be caused by a thyroid or hormonal problem. And I have no symptoms of Lyme disease, I have looked it up. But thanks again 

PS. This all started five months ago. Before that I was doing relatively well. Then symptoms came on like a storm. I’ve given this all a lot of thought.

pps. There is only one cause for akesthesia:  psych meds

Edited by [gu...]
  • Like 1

[Ca...]

Try Emotional Freedom Tapping for Benzo withdrawal. It's on UTube led by a British woman who went thru benzo withdrawal.

It's cold comfort, but I feel horrible most of the time I am awake unless I am walking outside or it's after ten pm.

[st...]

Yep I get this. Iv had it really intensly for the past 24 hours. Feels like I'm dying. I'm 43 and went to my mom's today so she could hold my hand while I cried and cried. I feel shame. I'm 30 months out. I don't know what is causing this

• Sad 1

[PE...]
On 19/06/2024 at 23:20, [[g...] said:

No meds. No dr visit.  Baylissa has said that all of my sxs are typical of late stage wave, that I could see a doctor if I want but nothing I’m talking about sounds sinister. Let me be clear, she did not tell me not to go to the doctor.  
     There are just way too many different symptoms coming and going for it to be something else. In my opinion. I’m not going to start chasing doctors now.  I had blood work done a year ago when crazy dizziness started, I had a EKG and a brain scan this January. Everything is normal. I do not wanna start going down that rabbit hole. But thank you for your concern. I do not believe that terror followed by horror, followed by anguish and on and on would be caused by a thyroid or hormonal problem. And I have no symptoms of Lyme disease, I have looked it up. But thanks again 

PS. This all started five months ago. Before that I was doing relatively well. Then symptoms came on like a storm. I’ve given this all a lot of thought.

pps. There is only one cause for akesthesia:  psych meds

I got anakthasia from benzo wd not psych meds. I got it before i was prescribed quentapine. 

[Ca...]

Did you treat it with other meds? I feel like I must have it and I am still at 13.8 mgs valium

[Ca...]

Also, how do you distinguish between benzo withdrawal symptoms and akathesia which I thought would only be a problem if you took an antipsychotic. I have terror constantly and cannot stay still. I am not pacing and I can sit in front of the computer but I cannot stand any social interaction or waiting in a waiting room, etc.

[jo...]
On 19/06/2024 at 19:54, [[g...] said:

Hi gutsy. Does it involve thoughts that are troubling? or is it just a feeling

[Si...]

Yes surges of terror followed by anguish and despair and intense anger and horror at having to live like this.  Do you wake up to it?  Mine sometimes start in my morning dream.

• Sad 1

[Ca...]

I have the terror, anguish and despair and I wake up to it and since I restarted my taper it's constant. I don't feel anger and the horror is that of being stuck in a nightmare. I have also developed a great deal of physical pain in my legs and gut. I am walking about 1.75 miles daily but I  feel weak standing still on my legs. And terrible nausea. I am tapering one mg a month and am at 13.6.