Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What scale to use (Europe, Netherlands)

[Dr...]

Dear all,

I could use some advice on what scale to use for a dry taper of Ativan (Lorazepam). I have seen many threads and was interested in buying the one from the link below, but this one has an adapter for the US and I don't think that will work here in The Netherlands (Europe). Does anyone know of a similar, good, accurate scale that I could use in Europe? I'm usually very good at diving into these things but at the moment my brain is a bit scattered and I'm finding it difficult to concentrate and make a good decision.

Thanks so much in advance for your support!

Blessings on yoiur day and greetings from Holland!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404982267351?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D264183%26meid%3Db179af616ce94aecb9e8b33c33ae6fc5%26pid%3D101875%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D135072991408%26itm%3D404982267351%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2332490%26algv%3DSimplAMLv11WebTrimmedV3MskuWithLambda85KnnRecallV1V2V4ItemNrtInQueryAndCassiniVisualRankerAndBertRecallWithVMEV3CPCAutoWithCassiniEmbRecall%26brand%3DU.S.%2BSolid&_trksid=p2332490.c101875.m1851&itmprp=cksum%3A404982267351b179af616ce94aecb9e8b33c33ae6fc5|enc%3AAQAJAAABcLC2%2Ba5TgOFYgIvLQSBIYkURSzHvc7cCccVTU14STgixqt2LHVH3DQgpuMCV11vSwIPgiyFOwqAlvyaCYV%2F3KC%2BV%2Bw2hITE7xTLMc%2FUAdPVM74mBrClyfys6h0qSntiKTtamp%2FwRG%2FuVgTYA%2FQ9W3Ox1vA0GraSb4JMRxeVcTuw%2FbvfsO7mDS6tzWet1HTCrTYRbeb2tHmAHHAup62wQ1bhEouCGCcrjno6DbPNsyKPcjxzwU77ReA5wfcqPzMfgpfTYeGvabrLSfnLm%2FJHFCT5Z%2F1w4mcZYcOYyQ4050QW5QnMEL%2BbSE5hfwM6r%2FF1HVcvvaNag5pjv04%2BG4TRzG5ijPR4OkWNUUZXv4D2%2FIssEroIme1cVrxOf26aSF6B4CzW9MGDJulrZoavWea%2Bd2CCUhnb%2FLaDIqAuoxBW8cemhdTbFp3yNg1YKUMsKXbXEoOPgN1U6ipoWgkhK6KsdndxyaZUWM10MAvrFb4Kw6tFq|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A2332490&itmmeta=01J0BW5WW7SY0MVQ6JTJ9ZWTXG

[Br...]

Hello @[Dr...]-

Many of our members have used a jeweler's scale like this one. I've used it with success too.   It's considerably less expensive than the one you're looking at.  I imagine something similar is easily available in The Netherlands.

• Like 1

[Ca...]

Ive used the Gemini but heard recently that I should calibrate before each use and then put a quarter on the scale and then the weighing pan and then push tare and then put the pill on. I never did any of this for the first 40 mgs down to 12. Now I am doing it. Still, it never seems to give me the exact number I am seeking so I ordered the more expensive scale which is probaby the same one noted above but the box it came in is so huge I could not even open it. Too overwhelming.

Sometimes I wonder if we tie ourselves in knots over the minutae of weighing and cutting when in fact the margin of error is greater than we think.

[Dr...]
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Ive used the Gemini but heard recently that I should calibrate before each use and then put a quarter on the scale and then the weighing pan and then push tare and then put the pill on. I never did any of this for the first 40 mgs down to 12. Now I am doing it. Still, it never seems to give me the exact number I am seeking so I ordered the more expensive scale which is probaby the same one noted above but the box it came in is so huge I could not even open it. Too overwhelming.

Sometimes I wonder if we tie ourselves in knots over the minutae of weighing and cutting when in fact the margin of error is greater than we think.

I do find it all quite overwhelming so I understand your feeling about the big box. I would probably sit and stare at it for a while... 

Edited by [Dr...]

[Dr...]
9 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hello @[Dr...]-

Many of our members have used a jeweler's scale like this one. I've used it with success too.   It's considerably less expensive than the one you're looking at.  I imagine something similar is easily available in The Netherlands.

Thanks @[Br...]