Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Céline Dion is on 10 mg of Valium a day

[Ia...]

[Ia...]

I read that last night Céline Dion did a special last night and she admitted that with her stiff person syndrome, which sounds horrific, she relies on Valium, she got so high in mgs as she got more and more dependent she had to keep raising how much she took to be able to perform. Sound familiar? It didn’t say if she was off 10 MGS of Valium which is the highest I have heard. I know I take the highest of anyone I know of Ativan (10 mg/day) but they didn’t say if she was still on Valium. Imagine trying to withdraw from 10 MGS.? Did anybody else see the special? I didn’t hear if she was off it or not.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
[he...]

10 mg of a Valium is not much comparatively. Ashton equated it 1 mg of Ativan or 0.5 mg of either Xanax or Klonopin. She says in the documentary should took as much as 90 mg of Valium per day at her highest dose.

[La...]

I heard it was 90 mg of Valium, which is an enormous amount.

• 2 weeks later...
[Fa...]

Yes, she was on 90mg of Valium.  I do not believe she takes any now based on the documentary.  She was fortunate she was able to come off as easily as she did.  But, that's not uncommon.  Not everyone gets snared.  

[La...]

It does show how different we all are, in terms of how our bodies handle these meds. I'm glad Celine didn't suffer more from withdrawal, but certainly, the illness she's dealing with is completely horrendous.

• 3 weeks later...
[id...]

It sounds like she had minor issues, was prescribed benzos, upped to the max and then her condition deteriorated. I wouldn't discount benzo withdrawal playing a role in worsening of her symptoms or even causing stiff person syndrome.