Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Celine Dion was taking 90mg of Valium a day - recovered now

[Mi...]

[bo...]
7 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hi @[bo...]

I hope you are keeping well. Thank you for coming back and reporting about how you have recovered.

Thread-based 'Buddie Blogs' and thread-based 'Groups' were deprecated and archived. They tended to create silos, where established members would mix little with newer members. Our active membership was steadily declining, and to levels which actually threatened the future of BB (a minimum level of activity is required to encourage new members to join up and participate). Our change of focus towards newer members has worked out very well, with an increase to active members and more posts - I think just about all members are happier with how BB is now operating.

You will find your archived Buddie Blog here:

You can read the announcement about the changes here:

And if you would to start an actual blog, just let us know. :)

Hullo Colin !

are you the same Colin from when I was fully active? If so Thankyou . You were so very helpful to us all .. wow .. thanks for finding my blog , and thanks to Kate too for taking the trouble to help. I think there’s a real need for folks who have come out the other side to keep the encouragement going .. I certainly needed it when I was in the thick of it …I’m happy for anyone to message me .

its like anything I guess change needs to happen to encourage others . I am gradually finding my way round , but being human ( and an older one!) we do like things to stay the same !! 
cheers BB

• 3 weeks later...
[el...]

I'm genuinely thrilled for her! Changing long-standing habits is incredibly challenging, and it takes a lot of determination and willpower. My uncle is now taking steps toward a similar transformation. After his recent accident, he's been checking Intoxalock reviews, which seems like a responsible move. It’s not easy to face the consequences of our actions, but I’m proud of him for taking this step towards ensuring his safety and the safety of others on the road

Edited by [el...]

[Bu...]
On 13/06/2024 at 16:33, [[M...] said:

Not sure if anyone saw this but around minute 17 Celine starts discussing her time on a very high dose of Valium and then needing help to taper off of them.  Don’t know why but makes me feel better to know even a huge superstar like this struggled with benzos (and it seemed like she wasn’t properly informed about them before taking them).  Also inspirational that she overcame them.  Hope this encourages someone and makes them feel less alone.  

I think she’s lucky to have recovered as well as she has from that

an amazing voice…..

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/07/2024 at 22:52, [[b...] said:

Hullo Colin !

are you the same Colin from when I was fully active? If so Thankyou . You were so very helpful to us all .. wow .. thanks for finding my blog , and thanks to Kate too for taking the trouble to help. I think there’s a real need for folks who have come out the other side to keep the encouragement going .. I certainly needed it when I was in the thick of it …I’m happy for anyone to message me .

its like anything I guess change needs to happen to encourage others . I am gradually finding my way round , but being human ( and an older one!) we do like things to stay the same !! 
cheers BB

Hi @[bo...]

Apologies for the late reply.

Yes, that will be me. Thank you for your kind words. Again, let me know if you would like to start a blog or require any further help.