Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How long to hold at dosage below .07 MG Klonopin

[Sw...]

Just curious, I’m currently moving down at .07mg k how long should I hold making 5 to 10% cuts from my last dose? I know these low-dose can be tricky. Don’t want to get hung out to dry. Just trying to get off. Any info would be great thank you

Edited by [Sw...]

[Ru...]

My sx's always hit on day 6 after a cut. When I got down to .0625 mg I waited 7 days to make sure I was stable. I then started breaking very tiny pieces off of the .0625 mg with my nail, everyday a sliver more. My plan is to jump this weekend. I was going to jump at .0625 mg but became apprehensive. 

• Like 1

[Sw...]

Yeah, I hear you about the apprehension probably jump at six or five seem to have continual symptoms, barely staying functional having waves and slight windows. Lots of head stuff mixed with other SX Held it at ..08 for 23 days never really got that great so I moved on. A week was what I was thinking as well at this level don’t think going longer gonna help only make things worse. Failure is not an option with this crappy drug.

• Like 1

[Sw...]
1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

My sx's always hit on day 6 after a cut. When I got down to .0625 mg I waited 7 days to make sure I was stable. I then started breaking very tiny pieces off of the .0625 mg with my nail, everyday a sliver more. My plan is to jump this weekend. I was going to jump at .0625 mg but became apprehensive. 

So what are you jumping off at? Good luck with your jump no guts no glory.

[Bl...]

Hi Swany, 

Good job getting this low. I'm in a very similar position but with a different benzo (at 0.3 bromazepam, which is about 0.05 clonazepam, and 0.5 mg diazepam), and wondering the same thing. Sometime I feel like the only thing my dose does is cause a rebound when it wears off! I'm really tempted to jump as I'm off work the next week. Might try a 50% reduction for a week. 

What makes me wonder is that all the benzo support groups and channels idolize the Ashton manual (which recommend jumping at 1 mg diazepam, or 0.5 mg at most), yet in discussions they always advise for an extreme taper down to 0.001 mg or so.... 

Bottom line is, I don't really know! I will let you know if I reduce or make the jump. Regardless, I wish you all the best, and the easiest, smoothest recovery. 

Edited by [Bl...]

[Ru...]
11 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Yeah, I hear you about the apprehension probably jump at six or five seem to have continual symptoms, barely staying functional having waves and slight windows. Lots of head stuff mixed with other SX Held it at ..08 for 23 days never really got that great so I moved on. A week was what I was thinking as well at this level don’t think going longer gonna help only make things worse. Failure is not an option with this crappy drug.

I'm sorry you've been struggling. 

I was able to taper every 10-14 days with no issues before the .0625 mg. I've been fortunate not to have major wd's and very functional. Biggest thing right now is pain in my feet, but there were issues before tapering. I'm sure it's all enhanced. I imagine there's going to be some discomfort, just praying that it's tolerable.

My suggestion would be, if possible, to hold the .625 mg until you feel stable and even consider going a little lower for a week or two. 

My jump off will be approximately .03 mg, give or take. I'm so so ready to be done with this already.

[st...]

Hi, I tapered this garbage to as low amount as possible. That’s because there is no redoing it. I only had one chance to get it right and there was no harm in coming to a gentle rolling stop as opposed to feeling the abrupt stop when breaking short.

The second thing for me to consider was that, at any given time,  the accumulated amount of drug within the body (depending on drug’s half-life) can be much more than the daily dose. It is this higher amount that my brain will feel decreasing, not the daily dose.

If I stopped early, the accumulated would then drop off more quickly. If I stopped very gradually, the accumulated would decrease much slower, giving the brain more time to acclimate to drug’s absence. So for me, the last bits of crumbs and powder were important to stretch out.

• Like 1