Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Normalize. What is it?

[ga...]

After making a cut, what do we look for in stabilizing before another cut of ativan? I can't see all withdrawl symptoms going away until this ativan is totally gone from the body, but should the body feel somewhat good instead of like total crap? Like instead of total crap, just some? The initial cut was from .25 and figured it was 40%. Too much at once! It has been almost 3 weeks, and the effects are aweful. Nausea, internal tremors, anxiety, depression, no appetite, weakness. Some including the doc think this dose is nothing! It is my wife, and what I witness every day is torment on this drug. She wants off NOW, but I keep saying it has to be slooow. Need some advice! Thanks!!!

[No...]

I've made 50% cut of Klonopin and now I have 65 miserable days behind me. Ativan has shorter half life so I can imagine what is your situation. I believe that "stable" is when one is confident to make next cut expecting things to get worse. It's both physical and psychological dilemma. What I am sure is that my next steps will be small and slow. 

[El...]

I think the prevailing opinion for stability after a cut is being functional. That is, a person is able to perform regular, everyday “chores” and perhaps exercise lightly and eat appropriately. A person may not feel “great”…maybe more “blah”. So if your wife feels “totally crappy”, she probably needs a lengthier time of holding to recover from her last cut. My longest hold, so far, was 6-7 weeks (Aug-Sept 2023). After that hold, I felt well enough and able enough to start making very small reductions. By only making very small reductions, the longest I have needed to hold since then has been 1 week. But, I know some have had to hold longer than 6-7 weeks to achieve stability.