Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My brain is getting too relaxed.

[be...]

It just feels weird.

I started working on my laptop for the first time in many months.

At first it felt like my brain was getting fried up. But I tried to hang in there and got kind of used to it.

But after 2 days of working on my laptop full time, I suddenly feel like my brain is too relaxed and I cant think straight.

You know that our benzo brains are always over stimulated but now I feel too relaxed. The relaxation doesnt mean the good relaxation. It means it is kinda getting slow, and less functioning too.  kinda means too down-regulated.

The good things is I got more sleep and my tremors got better. For the first time in  many many days, I finally slept for 5 hours (divided though)

But I suddenly feel extremely tired and I cant remember things. This is beyond fatigue. I cant remember things. Im kind of scared.  I feel like my brain is getting downgraded and I'm worried that I might lose my consciousness.

This feels very weird.

I'm 40 days off

Do I have to reinstate with a very small dose (maybe like powder?)

Edited by [be...]

[Cr...]

Considering how quickly things went south for you only being on a benzo for about a month, I do not think reinstating and tapering would be a good idea. It will just expose you to the effects of benzos longer than necessary. 

If you had been on benzos for years then it would make more sense to even have reinstatement as a consideration.

Your Gaba and Glutamate system is probably out of balance right now. That is why you can feel restless for awhile and then fatigued with poor memory/cognition later on.

Both feelings are normal for recovery, but if you feel you need better assurance that it isn't something serious then you can go to the ER or schedule an appt with your doctor to run tests. Otherwise if it was a WD symptom at 40 days out you really have nothing to worry about except the fear you foster.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Love 1

[be...]
22 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Considering how quickly things went south for you only being on a benzo for about a month, I do not think reinstating and tapering would be a good idea. It will just expose you to the effects of benzos longer than necessary. 

If you had been on benzos for years then it would make more sense to even have reinstatement as a consideration.

Your Gaba and Glutamate system is probably out of balance right now. That is why you can feel restless for awhile and then fatigued with poor memory/cognition later on.

Both feelings are normal for recovery, but if you feel you need better assurance that it isn't something serious then you can go to the ER or schedule an appt with your doctor to run tests. Otherwise if it was a WD symptom at 40 days out you really have nothing to worry about except the fear you foster.

I see. It just feels too weird for me now because it is completely the other way around.