Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Xanax .25mg Taper help

[to...]
Posted (edited)

will i get many withdrawal symptoms? It’s strange as my dose isn’t that high and i havent taken it for too long. And I do typically take it around the same time, my body reminds me even if i refused.

Edited by [to...]

[Pa...]

I hope you won't get many symptoms because we like to see those who have been on the medication for a short time do a faster taper but sometimes intense symptoms get in the way.  

I'm glad you take it at the same time each day, our brain craves consistency so keeping things the same while we reduce can help provide that. 

[to...]

I don’t know if i can keep tapering, my nervous system has gotten inflamed lately. I feel it in my arms and neck/back. My anxiety hasn’t calmed down at all and it’s only such a small reduction which confuses me. I can sleep but when Im crying it only makes said pain worse.

[Pa...]

Your central nervous system is reacting to the medication reduction, this is what we have to go through in order to be free from the medication. It will not get any easier if you wait, the longer you stay on the medication, the more painful this process will become.

The medication changed the way your brain works, when you introduced the benzodiazepine and its calming properties, your brain stopped supplying the amino acid GABA, this is what keeps us calm.  When you take the medication away, your brain has to start supplying that again and it doesn't happen overnight, it takes time to get back in balance. 

[to...]

at least theres less to taper…but i feel like i have to go at a snails pace

[Pa...]

A snails pace is good if it keeps you functional, this is our goal, to eliminate the drug while living our lives. 

[to...]

Will it hurt me if the tapering amount is inconsistent? I try to do it the same amount but the pill crumbles so easily. The thought of this process effecting my body negatively terrifies me..

[Pa...]

I feel its in your best interest to make your cuts as consistent as possible, our bodies can detect the slightest change in our dose so it could help minimize your symptoms if you're more careful.

You might need to graduate to a more reliable form of pill cutting, are you interested in doing this?

[Pa...]
8 hours ago, [[C...] said:

What is a more reliable form of pill cutting?

Last I heard, @[to...] was breaking off chunks of the tablet, I'd like to see them use a razor or file and if they're super sensitive to the varying reductions amounts, a jewelers scale.