Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Leg pain, soreness

[fr...]

I have been on klonopin for a few months but now I notice leg weakness and jelly legs, some balance issues as well. Its so strange. Anyone else encounters this? 

Hi, @[fr...] and welcome to BenzoBuddies!) So good you've found us. 

I felt first strange effects bc of the pills a few months after starting benzo. It was more about dizziness and balance issues not legs then. Unfortunately i didn't realise it had anything to do with benzo.

Hope other members will soon stop by and share their experience too.

Feel free to post throughout the forums from now on. Good luck to you!

[Cr...]
53 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

I have been on klonopin for a few months but now I notice leg weakness and jelly legs, some balance issues as well. Its so strange. Anyone else encounters this? 

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!

I did experience weakness and balance issues but mostly during my recovery after I stopped using Klonopin.

What dose are you on now and do you plan on tapering off soon?

I always recommend that people should get a full medical checkup to rule anything else out. Benzo use, tolerance, and withdrawal can all cause symptoms that mimic other disorders causing people to worry abiut whether they have a serious ailment when in fact it is just a symptom brought on by benzos. When you rule other things out that pretty much lets you know that the benzo is the source of your symptoms and can give you some assurance and peace of mind.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 1

[fr...]

I checked everything before everything was fine.  But since Benzos it all started. I am tapering now. 0.75 mg Klonopin.