Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Do I have to try gabapentin again?

[be...]

At the beginning of my withdrawal in April, I got a really bad panic attack and my whole body was in shock when I tried Gapapentin for the first time. I got huge electric jolts in my head and my heart kept pounding and it didn't stop. I had to go to ER.

It has been 40 days and I wonder if I have to try it again since my brain has calmed down. Or do you think it is still too risky?

[Le...]

You dont have to try anything. I know the desperation for relief. I took gabap once around month 4. That was enough for me. I will not be intoxicated again ever. I was determined to recover not start down that road again  

You will likely find some people who chose to use here. Likely some preferred it and some reacted poorly. I would look into the troubles people have getting off it. It is a similar long term issue for many. 

There is lots of information that is easily accessible. You need to make your own informed choice. 

• Like 1

[kn...]

I, also had a bad experience with ‘G’. Tried it once at 300mg and another at 100mg. In both instances it greatly helped my symptoms for a short time (5-7 days) and thereafter things got ugly. The med causes quick dependency, and in both cases, I had flu-like WD symptoms for a week or more. Any med that does not help should be eliminated. Heaven knows, we’ve all got enough crap going on already.