Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I might be dealing with something else? 😞

[Pa...]

This is good to hear, but what is your dilemma, are you thinking about getting your prostrate checked out? 

You mentioned supplements, are you considering some?  I recently had two doctors from two different specialties suggest vitamin B for nerve pain in my foot and back so I started taking a B complex.  I had no idea what to get because I'm not big on taking vitamins but to my surprise, the pain in my foot has greatly diminished, I guess its making a believer out of me. ::)

[Jo...]

Update

It has now been 10 months off of k. Im still on Amitriptyline 25mg. I don’t know rather it is making my systems worse or I am in a really bad wave. My legs feel like there is this thick sludge underneath them. My hands and feet turn red constantly.  I get Weird sensations like burning, pins and needles, bubbling like spasms, in my upper back and legs. And I am tired of all of this and my parents are too.😞

[jo...]

1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

Amitriptyline 25mg

Were you taking this for long before your wave started.

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

sorry man. many of us experience these things and the only way out is through. 

i have no faith in other pharmaceuticals to help wd. all gave me nerve pain and possibly other issues. sadly the pushers really are completely deluded. 

Edited by [Le...]

[Jo...]

I have been taking Amitriptyline for 10 months now. My doc put me on before I got off of K. 

[jo...]

It probably hasn't got anything to do with your wave then. Waves are sometimes gonna hit just because it's time for a wave, and it's just part of the process. Thats my experience. Hopefully it passes sooner rather than later. I'm in a wave myself and hope every time I go to bed tommorow it will be over. it has to end at some point.

[Jo...]

Honestly, I can’t even decide rather or not this is interdose withdrawal from the AD. I was told  by the admins over on the surviving antidepressants website that I shouldn’t have gotten on Amitriptyline because is makes the systems from the AD and Benzo withdrawal l indistinguishable. 

The muscle twitching and jerking have gotten a lot worse. And I have a really hard time controlling my legs. I’m either stepping on the ground too lightly or just alright stomping out of nowhere. My parents are very disturbed by all of this. 

[So...]

I know that amitriptaline is a tricyclic/atypical antidepressant just like mirtazapine.  The grass isn't always greener on the otherside, I was given mirtazapine for benzo wd and have had a boatload of issues from it.  Not saying that that will happen for everyone, but these antidepressants require a calculated taper and can have symptoms/withdrawal very similar to benzos as well.  Mirtazapine is not prescribed to treat pain, from my knowledge.  I also got off mirtazapine just fine a decade ago CT where as now it is difficult to even microtaper.  I know a lot of us become heavily sensitized to other withdrawals/adverse reactions to other meds while in benzo wd.  I know it was noted even by Colin that mirtazapine seems especially nasty after benzo wd, on the old website in the "Meds During Benzo Wd" tab of this site, and I know that amitriptyline has a similar reputation.  Not sure of the reason for this.

Anyways, with all of that being said and out of the way, if I were you I would try to stay calm and give things a few months to see if they calm down.  I would not nessesarily recommend bridging over to mirtazapine as they cover different receptors, but the choice is certainly up to you, and I would ask advice for that on SA. You may be in a wave, and even if you did need to get off the amitriptyline, it wouldn't be a process made overnight as it is reccomended to taper ADs 10% of the current dose per month which usually takes around 18 months-3 years.  Unless life threatening symptoms, that is another story.  So yes, i would hold and you will eventually calm down.  Your amitriptyline will not make you unable to heal from benzo wd, but you may have separate issues from it.

If you would like you could check out and post on survivingantidepressants.org 😀

[So...]

Also, you will likely never know as said on SA, whether these symptoms are from benzo wd or the AD.  Either way they will calm down, but the process of differentiating between the two will drive you mad, at least it did for me when I was back in your same position a year ago (I still kind of am, but I am way lower on the mirt finally and off the klonopin so it's less of a thought loop for me now).

There is a way out of this, this is not forever, you can do this, try to let your mind rest.  And the best advice ever given to me and I will leave you with this- when you don't know what to do, do nothing :)

[Jo...]

I just looked at my blood results. My RBC  levels are high. It showed levels at 5.91.  I also looked up high rbc count and there is condition that called erythrocytosis. This is when a person has to many red blood cells and the blood start to over flow in the limbs. I even put this condition in this website search engine and weirdly enough I only found one person that mentioned it.  I would like add that I wasn’t diagnosed or anything but, this feels like an alarming fined. 

I just want to know if anybody had to deal with this while they were going through withdrawal. 

[Le...]
4 hours ago, [[J...] said:

I just looked at my blood results. My RBC  levels are high. It showed levels at 5.91.  I also looked up high rbc count and there is condition that called erythrocytosis. This is when a person has to many red blood cells and the blood start to over flow in the limbs. I even put this condition in this website search engine and weirdly enough I only found one person that mentioned it.  I would like add that I wasn’t diagnosed or anything but, this feels like an alarming fined. 

I just want to know if anybody had to deal with this while they were going through withdrawal. 

a million weird things come and go. would you treat them all?  if something lasts a long time then idk but recover first. 

likely the reason you were prescribed benzos would have passed too if not treated. dont make the same mistake. 

see if it lasts. 

• Like 1

[Jo...]

I am 10 months out and my systems seems to be getting worse. I have started taking supplements from Benzo wise doctor. Though, I had already noticed my symptoms were getting worse before I started taking supplements. I don’t really know what’s happening. It genuinely feels like my limbs are being filled up with sand. The left side of my face feels like it is being flooded with something. But, when try to feel if anything is there I just feel flabby skin. am beginning to wonder if I am dealing with something else entirely. 😢

something isn’t right. I kept telling myself that it might be the Amitriptyline but, after looking and researching a lot about the drug and the side affects I am just not sure. 

Hey my friend, I experience the exact same sensations in my left leg since I jumped off K 4 months ago. Stay strong!

[jo...]
On 01/07/2024 at 05:45, [[J...] said:

Honestly, I can’t even decide rather or not this is interdose withdrawal from the AD. I was told  by the admins over on the surviving antidepressants website that I shouldn’t have gotten on Amitriptyline because is makes the systems from the AD and Benzo withdrawal l indistinguishable. 

The muscle twitching and jerking have gotten a lot worse. And I have a really hard time controlling my legs. I’m either stepping on the ground too lightly or just alright stomping out of nowhere. My parents are very disturbed by all of this. 

I think this is the antidepressant. Can't be sure but I get this sometimes since starting mirt which is a similar AD.

[vo...]
On 09/07/2024 at 10:10, [[J...] said:

I am 10 months out and my systems seems to be getting worse. I have started taking supplements from Benzo wise doctor. Though, I had already noticed my symptoms were getting worse before I started taking supplements. I don’t really know what’s happening. It genuinely feels like my limbs are being filled up with sand. The left side of my face feels like it is being flooded with something. But, when try to feel if anything is there I just feel flabby skin. am beginning to wonder if I am dealing with something else entirely. 😢

something isn’t right. I kept telling myself that it might be the Amitriptyline but, after looking and researching a lot about the drug and the side affects I am just not sure. 

@[Jo...] Do your legs feel heavy? I was getting that as well as twitching and jerking in my legs for the first 4 or 5 months. I don't get it anymore so I'm 100% sure at least for me, that it was the withdrawals from benzos.

[Jo...]

Hi @[jo...], This really weird when I started taking Amitriptyline 10 months back I was perfectly fine. I feel like I a having a reaction to it now. I would get off but, I think it might be helping with my pelvic pain or maybe it’s just placebo effect I really don’t know. 

[jo...]

Hard to say really. It could be either. Quite frustrating as they are symptoms of both drugs. I'm pretty sure it's the AD in my case as this symptom dissapeared months ago in benzo withdrawl so it would be a bit of a coincidence if it decided to reapear now.

[Jo...]
Posted (edited)

Hi @[vo...], yes limbs do feel heavy with with excruciating burning. I took k 0.5 3x a day as directive from my doctor 2.5 years. What I am going through is absolute hell. I beginning to wonder if I have MS. 

Edited by [Jo...]

[Jo...]

update: 

My parents think being outside and getting fresh air is going to help things. When I have told them multiple times that my systems are mostly physical not mental. They going to force me outside having me look like disabled mess going places. My parents keep telling that I am selfish. 

[Kr...]
25 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

update: 

My parents think being outside and getting fresh air is going to help things. When I have told them multiple times that my systems are mostly physical not mental. They going to force me outside having me look like disabled mess going places. My parents keep telling that I am selfish. 

I’m so sorry Joshua. I’ve had very unkind family members make hurtful and inappropriate comments like this as well.  

[Jo...]

My parents keep telling that I don’t like seeing them and that I get mad all the time. When I usually get mad at the fact that they forget what I told them what is happening. Like today my mom wanted to got to eat. I then told her that didn’t want to eat out because certain foods trigger my symptoms. My Mom then says “ this is new” ? like this is the very first time hearing this when told her this thousands of times that I am having an reaction to the food that I eat!!! 

The left side of my body is completely inflamed. I can hardly walk, my face twitches uncontrollably, I am depressed as hell. 

My life is starting fall apart before my very eyes. I just want the burning to stop. I started taking supplements from my holistic doctor. I believe supplements are making me worse. I don’t want to stop taking them or else  my mom is going to think I just being disobedient when This stuff my actually being harming me. 

[Pa...]
1 minute ago, [[J...] said:

My life is starting fall apart before my very eyes. I just want the burning to stop. I started taking supplements from my holistic doctor. I believe supplements are making me worse. I don’t want to stop taking them or else  my mom is going to think I just being disobedient when This stuff my actually being harming me

Have you checked in with the Alternative Therapies group to see if what you're taking has caused other members any problems? 

[Jo...]

I can’t do this anymore! There is one more test that I might get done to see if I have MS in that is the spinal tape test to see if I really have MS. If nothing comes back then I am a goner.