Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I might be dealing with something else? 😞

[Jo...]

Im not able to sleep to night because of how all of sense feel like they are on high. I don’t know what is happening! I am feeling electrical sensations in my legs and arms. My muscle feel like mush and tight at the same time. I just took my refill of Amitriptyline a night. I am so confused!!! I don’t know know what is happening!!!😭 This the worst I have ever felt a night. 

Edited by [Jo...]

[be...]

Yes. I have those sensations too. That muscle feeling is called tremors.

Do you not have electrical sensations in your head?

[si...]

Hi,

same here. I feel buzzes all the time; in bed, they are very much perceived, because i cant distract myself. How much are you sleeping in generall? Im not familiar with your story.
Are you currently tapering down, or you got rid of benzos?

all the best buddyy

[Le...]

If you are getting jolts through legs mostly and maybe a funny feeling in lower spine that is much worse when trying to sleep then it maybe an AD side effect. A common one when stopping or starting ADs. 

[En...]
4 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Im not able to sleep to night because of how all of sense feel like they are on high. I don’t know what is happening! I am feeling electrical sensations in my legs and arms. My muscle feel like mush and tight at the same time. I just took my refill of Amitriptyline a night. I am so confused!!! I don’t know know what is happening!!!😭 This the worst I have ever felt a night. 

I get sudden leg jerks at night that wake me up. I had a really big one last night almost jerked out of my bed. 

• Like 1

[Jo...]

@[Le...], 

That what’s confusing me. I have been taking the AD a night consistently for 9 months know. I Know for a fact I didn’t stop taking it. I am only on 25mg of amitriptyline. Not really sure what is happening. I tried to go to the store the other day then out of nowhere it felt like I couldn’t catch my breath and my neck started jerking violently. I was literally gasping for air and I was on able to control my muscle movements. 

[Le...]

I had extreme reactions to every drug I ever tried and often was convinced by the prescribers it wasnt from the drugs.  The shocks never stopped for me but I dont think that is common.  I was also almost manic the whole time on them  

I cant say with any certainty what is going on with you but with a history of benzos and using other drugs now you are likely going to experience a lot of unusual things. 

Also what you have been through and what you started trying to cope will have an effect too for sure. 

• Like 1

[fa...]
On 11/06/2024 at 08:39, [[J...] said:

@[Le...], 

That what’s confusing me. I have been taking the AD a night consistently for 9 months know. I Know for a fact I didn’t stop taking it. I am only on 25mg of amitriptyline. Not really sure what is happening. I tried to go to the store the other day then out of nowhere it felt like I couldn’t catch my breath and my neck started jerking violently. I was literally gasping for air and I was on able to control my muscle movements. 

Lexapro is what destroyed me. Not the sleep med I took.  Although that prob played a part. 

[Jo...]

My body feels like cement today. My legs are tight and have extreme nerve pain. Every time I get up from bed I hear a lot of cracking in my neck, arms and legs. Im afraid to eat anything because I don’t want to make the nerve pain worse. 😭😭😭

[Kr...]
1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

My body feels like cement today. My legs are tight and have extreme nerve pain. Every time I get up from bed I hear a lot of cracking in my neck, arms and legs. Im afraid to eat anything because I don’t want to make the nerve pain worse. 😭😭😭

You can’t afford to get thinner. Eating anything is going to ramp your NS a little, unfortunately.

[Kr...]
On 17/06/2024 at 07:18, [[f...] said:

Lexapro is what destroyed me.

What do you mean destroyed you? How?

[Jo...]
Posted (edited)

Hi @[Kr...], I think it is self to say that Amitriptyline isn’t working for me. My mom just fixed me a kale salad. 

Edited by [Jo...]

[Cr...]
7 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Hi @[Kr...], I think it is self to say that Amitriptyline isn’t working for me. My mom just fixed me a kale salad. 

What was Amitriptyline prescribed for? I am assuming sleep or nerve pain because the adult range for anxiety and depression is 50 to 150mgs.

Josh how long have you been off Klonopin?

[Jo...]
Posted (edited)

@[Cr...],
I have been off k 9.5 months. I have been taking Amitriptyline for around the same time. My doc put me directly on Amtrip when I was tapering k. She prescribed it for sleep and nerve pain. 

Edited by [Jo...]

[Kr...]
29 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I wish my mom was still living. You are going to be okay. You have your family.

[Cr...]

Have you told your doctor that Amitrip isn't helping your nerve pain? If it is unbearable there should be some non-narcotic options available that also won't affect your recovery from K. You either continue to wait this out or take chances with other medications in an attempt at finding temporary relief.

I assume you have had medical tests done to rule out any other potential causes? I briefly looked into your posting history and it seems like this all started while using Klonopin. Did it start when you were at your highest dose, during a reinstatement, or during a taper?

[Jo...]

@[Cr...],

I think I am going to wait it out sadly, Im carefully going to try either vitamin b, zinc, or turmeric to help with the nerve pain. I have read that lot of people took some supplements and it greatly reduced their nerve pain. Some have mentioned that it made it worse. Not to many people check their vitamins first to see if they are deficient in certain vitamins be for taking supplements. That just one thing I have noticed. I had a lot of blood work done. I also getting more done tomorrow. 

I oddly have weird lingering thoughts that Amtrip might be making my symptoms worse. But, I have proved to myself multiple times that isn’t the case. 

• Like 1

[Jo...]
Posted (edited)

@[Cr...],

I really need help!

I am going to be honest, I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t think staying on Amitriptyline isn’t safe for my Nervous system. I am currently feeling unbearable nerve pain to where I had to stay home from work today for the first time. I am practically bedridden. I scared to taper off of Amtrip right now because I don’t no if it will make the nerve pain worse. It feels like there is no way out of this! This the worse I have felt so far. 😭

I wish I had known about mirtazapine before I was given Amitriptyline. I have been reading people’s post and it seems like people are able to heal better on Mirtazapine rather than Amitriptyline. I don’t know if I having a terrible reaction to Amtrip or this is just a nasty wave I’m in. I am so confused?!😭

I am sorry If it feels like I am going a little crazy. I don’t know if I am going through a really bad wave to where my anxiety it at an all time, or the drug at night isn’t working anymore. 

Edited by [Jo...]

[Jo...]

Does what I planned in all of this make any sense? At the very beginning I had very bad pelvic pain that prevented me from sitting down without a shock pain going through it.  I then was put on different meds to see if it would help the pain, nothing work. Until my doc told me about k. I took it and it had sedating effect that helped with the pain. Fast forward, I had to get off of it because of tolerance. But, my doc put me directly on Amitriptyline before I got off of k. Because this I don’t know if switching from one pill to another was is hiding the pain. So, today I have taken it Amitriptyline for almost 10 months now and it feels like I am reaching tolerance with this med as well. This doesn’t Make any sense. Because there are several people on Reddit that have taken it for years without reaching tolerance. 

My plan was to heal from benzo withdrawal, stay on Amitriptyline to mask the pain, exercise to help build my pelvic floor to help with the pain. Then wean myself off Amitriptyline to see if this helped. Was this a delusional idea?

[Pa...]

I don't have any experience with Amitriptyline but I can see how much distress you're in so I wanted to stop by.  I'm glad you've found others on Reddit who have taken this but remember, just because some can take medications for a long time without issue, doesn't mean we all can, we've learned that with benzo's.

Is there a comparable medication you could taper on while tapering off the Amitriptyline, is Mirtazapine a possibility?  

• Like 1

[Jo...]

@[Pa...], 
Is Mirtazapine known to relief for pain? I read about both of them Amtrip and Mirt. I thought Amtrip was better at pain relief than Mirt? 

[Pa...]

I do see that Amitriptyline boasts pain relief where Mirtazapine only mentions depression and insomnia. 

You mentioned that you couldn't even sit until you started taking Klonopin, what has your pain been like as you've been tapering?

[Jo...]

It was very hard to tell because I had so many sensations going on the left side of my body when I got off. After that my doc put me on Amitriptyline before I could see what was happening. Add on top that, my mind was in a very vulnerable state. I couldn’t reason enough to make that call. 

I started wondering if what I was dealing with some type of prostate infection. Because I had everything checked out for pelvic floor pain except  for my prostate. And nothing came up. This 2 years before I got on klonopin. 

[Jo...]
Posted (edited)

I’m not as panicky today. Thank goodness. But, feel like I am in a very strange dilemma.

Edited by [Jo...]
  • Like 1