Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

9 months out

[Jo...]

Here’s a little up date. I haven’t been doing well in the past couple of weeks. it is very hard for me to walk and my face will get tight when I get stressed out. Me and my mom found another benzo wise doctor in Florida. When we got on the phone with the doctor and told her about the symptoms I am experiencing and the fact I was on Klonopin. She immediately knew what had happened. The doc said by me getting on and off of the drug that I had started an inflammatory process. And because the brain doesn’t have any pain fibers I’m not feeling it in my head I am feeling it in my body and mostly on my left side. I believe what the doc told me and mom shed a little more light on what I knew.  The down regulation of GABA which causes glutamate to reign supreme in brain. And funny enough glutamate is the inflammatory receptor. The doc even said that she has specific supplements that she wants me to have to help protect and calm down my nerves system. I definitely hope it works. 🤕

[Ja...]

Congrats on being 9 months out bud that’s brilliant,.not so good on still having symptoms but your on your way hopefully after that time

you should keep us updated on the docs supplements bud

[Pa...]

On the topic of supplements, it might be a good idea to only add one at a time, that way if you have a reaction, you'll know which one caused it.  

[Jo...]

Hi @[Pa...], yes this was my same exact thought about taking supplements one at a time to figure out what I have a reaction to.  I ask the doc what type supplements she has. But, she was very hesitant about what supplements she was referring to. Mainly, because she doesn’t want me getting random supplements off the internet. 

• Like 1