Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is your heart rate?

[be...]

I'm 40 days off and my heart rate is 95 when I lie down and it is like 105 when I just stand up and it is over 110-120 when I walk and my chest squeezes. Is it normal? I'm worried that I might have a cadiac arrest if I walk too much.

What is yours like?

[Le...]

mine was above 140 for a year. not fun to live with but you will be fine. I tried to sleep in a recliner cause of the spike when lying down. you are doing much better and it will resolve itself very soon. 

[En...]
6 hours ago, [[b...] said:

I'm 40 days off and my heart rate is 95 when I lie down and it is like 105 when I just stand up and it is over 110-120 when I walk and my chest squeezes. Is it normal? I'm worried that I might have a cadiac arrest if I walk too much.

What is yours like?

I have read to not worry about that. It is like when you run for a bus. I had this as well and I went to the hospital but everything was fine. It isn't fun having heart symptoms that's for sure. 

• Love 1

[be...]
27 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

mine was above 140 for a year. not fun to live with but you will be fine. I tried to sleep in a recliner cause of the spike when lying down. you are doing much better and it will resolve itself very soon. 

wow really? how did u manage not to have a cadiac arrest?

[Le...]

we both dont have an actual heart condition. it isnt great and you can endure it. a healthy heart will be fine. well a moderately healthy heart even in my case.  

[or...]

I've had a pacemaker since '97 and interesting to me that I got the 3rd degree AV Node blockage (electrical part of my heart) 9 years after I'd been on Clonazepam, 1 mg tablets at one only a day.

My heart rate won't go below 70 as that's good for me and all my activities.  I've had it get up to 125 or so during a workout, but when I have an anxiety attack and feel like my heart's going to beat out of my chest, I never think to check my fitbit!!  I will do that today since I was reminded reading this thread, oregonlady :classic_love:

PS ok, I see my resting right now is 75, so we'll see what it reads if I get upset again, lol, I mean WHEN I get upset again:brickwall:

Edited by [or...]

[or...]

Ok, just had another bit of a "jump" (anxiety attack) but not a prolonged one, and shot up to 102 bpm just walking, bending over to pick up wet potty-pad from puppy, and telling her NOOOOO, twice. I'm shaking, sweating cold/hot, and generally feeling like life is not good right now.  I guess I better not let on like my wd sxs are easy for me because they are not even though I am only tapering 3 percent at and holding for about 10 to 30 days :(

Edited by [or...]

[Le...]

my mother has the same pacemaker and now av node block. 

had a terrible gp giving her klonopin off and on for 35 years. i now see she isnt a horrible monster as i always thought. she went in and out of WD for most of her life. 

• Sad 1

[Le...]

sadly even now she wont consider it as an issue. its just a sleeping pill she says. 

• Sad 1

[or...]

this broke my heart, :cry: knowing what it's like, I have gotten worse sxs since tapering more, but I won't quit because the alternative is worse.

I am so sad that you went through this with your mom, and still, we can't detach from the pain of watching.  I moved 100s if miles from my alcoholic mother, and still couldn't escape the pain, and there I was drinking like a fish through my 20s, (the 70s) then sober and was stupid enough to think, in 88 a stinking pill was going to make my life better :classic_love: I'm sorry I am in bad shape this a.m. Probably shouldn't be here, oregonlady My puppy is worried about me, she knows things aren't going good this a.m.

[Le...]
11 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

my mother has the same pacemaker and now av node block. 

had a terrible gp giving her klonopin off and on for 35 years. i now see she isnt a horrible monster as i always thought. she went in and out of WD for most of her life. 

btw noone is really a monster. that is just how a kid sees it. she was just suffering and never figured out why. 

[or...]

No, it was good for me, crying and just letting it all out is good for me.  Please don't apologize for sharing things with others because when we share it lightens the burden if we are with understanding folks, that's BB :classic_love:

[or...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

btw noone is really a monster. that is just how a kid sees it. she was just suffering and never figured out why. 

I know what that's like, now I understand my mom, and all she went through.

[or...]
1 hour ago, [[E...] said:

I have read to not worry about that. It is like when you run for a bus. I had this as well and I went to the hospital but everything was fine. It isn't fun having heart symptoms that's for sure. 

I believe this is true, it's a rush of adrenaline, and I'm just guessing my heart speeds up because I need more blood pumping so that's a good thing, thanks ENG, oregonlady

Talking about sxs seems to alleviate my fears as I learn about how the body works, especially my brain.

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

[jo...]

My heart starts pounding as soon as I wake up. In fact I cant tell if thats what actually wakes me up or not. If I've been lying down for long enough and I stand up, same thing. I just keep telling myself it's only a symptom.

[Le...]
10 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I know what that's like, now I understand my mom, and all she went through.

sadly my mother would have been fine. her real problems started with the first benzo addiction and never ended because she never got away for long. she never realized it wasnt just her and really doesnt want to see it now. i dont bother trying to get through to her anymore once i realized she just doesnt want to see it. she will read about it then say thats what happens to others. she did the same things as others. experienced the same thing. but she developed an anxiety disorder not improper use of drugs. 

[Le...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

My heart starts pounding as soon as I wake up. In fact I cant tell if thats what actually wakes me up or not. If I've been lying down for long enough and I stand up, same thing. I just keep telling myself it's only a symptom.

think as your body starts to wake it overreacts and causes that. it goes away. 

• Like 1

[jo...]

When does it go away is what I cant stop thinking. I know it's futile to think that way because it will go when it goes, but jesus this goes on a bit. I shouldn't complain though there's people here with bigger issues than me.

[or...]

@[jo...] the best medicine I've found to get through this is to start doing what you feel you can, to do your homework, how the body works during wd sxs.  Find what other's have written like Parker's Story, and also Ashton Manual has a lot.  I worry a little about weird sxs, but I always come here and find info that puts my mind more at ease.  We just have to walk through this stuff, oregonlady PS more we learn, and understand the "whys" of wd sxs, the less fear we need to have.  It works for me and my pin-head brain, it will work for you.

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[o...] said:

@[jo...] the best medicine I've found to get through this is to start doing what you feel you can, to do your homework, how the body works during wd sxs.  Find what other's have written like Parker's Story, and also Ashton Manual has a lot.  I worry a little about weird sxs, but I always come here and find info that puts my mind more at ease.  We just have to walk through this stuff, oregonlady PS more we learn, and understand the "whys" of wd sxs, the less fear we need to have.  It works for me and my pin-head brain, it will work for you.

Your absolutely right oregonlady(y)

• Like 1

[or...]
6 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

When does it go away is what I cant stop thinking. I know it's futile to think that way because it will go when it goes, but jesus this goes on a bit. I shouldn't complain though there's people here with bigger issues than me.

Well what you focus on is what will continue to take up space in your brain, and that for me just makes things worse.

• Like 1

[or...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Your absolutely right oregonlady(y)

So let's do it, you and me and others here.  I could send you the beds video I've ever listened to by Dr. Heather Ashton, what a find lady, and she has such a comforting voice in my opinion. Sometimes easier for me to "listen" than read ;) so here's that video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsjhqdE7-6A

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[o...] said:

So let's do it, you and me and others here.  I could send you the beds video I've ever listened to by Dr. Heather Ashton, what a find lady, and she has such a comforting voice in my opinion. Sometimes easier for me to "listen" than read ;) so here's that video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsjhqdE7-6A

Thanks I'll give that a look!

[or...]

I sure can't spell ;)  but yes it's only 3 minutes, and she has but 3 on Youtube still.  I whole-heartedly believe her findings are as relevant for me today, and they were 17 years ago when her videos were put up :)  Just keep coming here and sharing, you'll see you are never alone, yes, different circumstances for each, but we can find that common ground which saves me every time :)