Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone with suggestions and/or a fairly smooth valium taper story?

[Ne...]
Posted (edited)

It seems everyone tapering valium has been doing so for many painstaking months to years.  I'm on day 2 of 5mg Valium now from 0.6mg/day Ativan (tapering for 5 months now) and looking for hope / positive feedback.  Does anyone here still work and go about their lives while taking Valium?  I think I'm sleeping better than I was on the Ativan and chest tightness is better, but feel very shaky/trembly/agitated from morning until night (is this akathesia?), bowels / nausea are worse, weak appetite, more fatigued in the morning, blurred vision and mentally pretty slow / blank with poor concentration.  I tried taking the 5mg all at night, but it doesn't seem to make a difference for me with the morning / daytime symptoms.  Thanks in advance to anyone who is reading and can advise. <3 

Edited by [Ne...]

[Ca...]

You are close to the end in my view. I started at 40 mgs of valium and am holding at 14 but abut ready to restart my taper. I have the same reaction and I take it three times a day. I am in bed a lot.