Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Headaches 24/7

[Kr...]

The tension headaches, on the forehead and on the scalpe, like you have a helmet on your head, were 24/7? Mines just disappear when I sleep and they are always present… 

• Like 1

[jo...]

I've heard people say strong coffee has helped them even with severe headaches. That's if you can tolorate coffee.

[Kr...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

I've heard people say strong coffee has helped them even with severe headaches. That's if you can tolorate coffee.

I’m taking 2 per day, yes. But not helping… 

[jo...]

I remember @[...] saying extreame headaches were her worst symptom. maybe she can give helpful advice.

[Le...]

muscle tension it sounds like which you may be able to help with stretching and massage. 

I have also heard people say the use ice packs and stuff. that maybe be more reducing vascular causes idk but they get relief. 

• Like 1

[Kr...]
3 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

muscle tension it sounds like which you may be able to help with stretching and massage. 

I have also heard people say the use ice packs and stuff. that maybe be more reducing vascular causes idk but they get relief. 

Yes, I’m doing yoga and massages sometimes… 

using ice packs everyday, also. Really hard. But struggling! 50 days off

[En...]
11 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

The tension headaches, on the forehead and on the scalpe, like you have a helmet on your head, were 24/7? Mines just disappear when I sleep and they are always present… 

I get pain in my temples. It can be bad some days. Makes me feel tired after awhile.

[Kr...]
6 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I remember @[...] saying extreame headaches were her worst symptom. maybe she can give helpful advice.

Thanks John! I hope. Maybe there’s something that I’m not doing that can help. 

• Like 1

[Kr...]
Just now, [[E...] said:

I get pain in my temples. It can be bad some days. Makes me feel tired after awhile.

Same!! 

[jo...]
Just now, [[K...] said:

Yeah she is very good with advice.

[En...]
Just now, [[K...] said:

I dont think there is much you can do. I take Tylonol and it still doesn't go away. It's like other symptoms we get there is no relief but time.

• Like 1

[Kr...]
2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I dont think there is much you can do. I take Tylonol and it still doesn't go away. It's like other symptoms we get there is no relief but time.

Do you know about people who had this? It eventually went away? How long after the tapper? 

[En...]
Just now, [[K...] said:

Do you know about people who had this? It eventually went away? How long after the 

I think it is a very common symptom. It is part of healing. It will go away. Mine did. I am still tapering but I found when I get headache days it eventually went away. Just got to accept this as part of getting better. Acceptance helps. Optimism on your days ahead helps. No one stays with a headache forever or you would hear stories of it. Everyone heals 100%

1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

Do you know about people who had this? It eventually went away? How long after the tapper? 

@[Kr...], hi:) I'm the one who had headaches most of the time, tension headaches as well. They were just unbearable. I was prescribed mirtazapine to relieve them. It helped with migrains but the tension ones stayed and developed further for some time. I agree with @[Le...], stretching, massage, ice packs. It all helped but just a bit, coffee too. Stretching helped the most but it's very tricky to stretch muscles on your scalp... I also agree with @[En...] it's a symptom, which must go over time on its own.  I can't say i have no headaches now but what i have can't be compared to what i had a year or half a year ago. Much much better, true. The first good signs of healing i got straight after tapering and it took 7-9 more months my head to feel a true relief. Sorry if i didn't help much but i really have been feeling better in this way since last November.

Good healing to you!)

• Like 2

[fa...]
2 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Could it have something to do with your neck if they disappear when you are sleeping?

[Le...]
11 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

Could it have something to do with your neck if they disappear when you are sleeping?

likely tension caused and causing irritated nerves and more. 

• Like 1

[Kr...]
3 hours ago, [[f...] said:

Never thought about that! Because the place where I feel like stabbing is on the top of my head and on my forehead. Also around my head but only the top part, up my eyes… 

• Like 1

[Le...]
41 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Never thought about that! Because the place where I feel like stabbing is on the top of my head and on my forehead. Also around my head but only the top part, up my eyes… 

google 7th cranial nerve massage. no joke. 

2 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Thanks Kate, amazing to hear your words. I’m leaving my AD so i will try maybe to take some paracetamol for the headache? I do yoga so I stretch a lot but how can I stretch the muscles of my head? Any ideia of exercices? 

Glad that you are feeling better 🥰

@[Kr...], i think yoga must be really helpful. I'd like to do it too. Yes, this kind of stretching is hardly possible. I opened my mouth wide, moved the jaw, bent neck. Every time i felt my pain concentrated at its most while moving i hold the position for a while. It helped but not always. When the pain started subsiding i felt my head muscles(?) cracking slightly by themselves. Still hear them sometimes but it's not painful, just weird. As for paracetamol, i been taking too much of different painkillers and they just stopped working very quickly. I'd be careful about paracetamol, just sometimes, perhaps. I still feel surprised at the miracle of healing:classic_smile: but i believe it must happen to you too!)

• Like 1