Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

1 month without Clonazepam!! :)

[in...]
6 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Day 42. I'm in the worst wave this far (again)! These are the days when I just feel like: "It's not worth it! Why am I torturing myself this way?!".

I don't know what to do anymore. This anxiety and fighting these feelings that are bubbling up is just too much. I just can't relax even though I want to!! I'm trying to breath but I keep coming back to panicmode!! Help!!

Anyone? ☝️😳

[in...]
8 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Day 42. I'm in the worst wave this far (again)! These are the days when I just feel like: "It's not worth it! Why am I torturing myself this way?!".

I don't know what to do anymore. This anxiety and fighting these feelings that are bubbling up is just too much. I just can't relax even though I want to!! I'm trying to breath but I keep coming back to panicmode!! Help!!

Help...? Please...? Anyone.....? 😳🙃

[pi...]

Hello @[in...],

We can all relate to how you are feeling. Those early days, and yes you are still in the early days of recovery, can be the most challenging. I do remember a couple of times where I wondered if I would have a respite from the symptoms if I took a dose. Thankfully I responsibly disposed of all my benzos after finishing my taper. I don’t really think I would have taken the drug, but happily I don’t have to make that choice. 

Panic and anxiety due to withdrawal is awful, but try to remember it won’t hurt you. Try to let it be there and float just above it. Forcing yourself to relax , I believe,  is counter productive. The body will relax when it’s ready. However, I did use breathing techniques often. I also repeated my mantra, ‘what I’m feeling is my healing’. 

This wave will end. In all likelihood your baseline will also improve. For myself, waiting for healing was really worth it. 

• Like 1

[vo...]

@[in...] I just got back online to see your recent post. I'm so bummed to read it...I was so happy you had gone swimming and were so positive and now you're having a down day. But, I know we will have down days. I really wish you were journaling so you could look at your positive days and know they will be back. Keep your eye on the prize! My therapist suggested an app to track my emotions every day. The app does much more than that - I'm kind of excited to see if it will help me in my daily life. So far I'm only journaling my symptoms. I don't know what you have for a cell phone, but I'll let you know if I think this is a good app so you can check it out too. I'm going to my aqua zumba class tomorrow and lift some weights too. I hope you will plan on going swimming tomorrow too. In fact, I'll start to follow you (if your profile allows it) so I can check in on your moods if that's ok?!

• Like 1

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[v...] said:

@[in...] I just got back online to see your recent post. I'm so bummed to read it...I was so happy you had gone swimming and were so positive and now you're having a down day. But, I know we will have down days. I really wish you were journaling so you could look at your positive days and know they will be back. Keep your eye on the prize! My therapist suggested an app to track my emotions every day. The app does much more than that - I'm kind of excited to see if it will help me in my daily life. So far I'm only journaling my symptoms. I don't know what you have for a cell phone, but I'll let you know if I think this is a good app so you can check it out too. I'm going to my aqua zumba class tomorrow and lift some weights too. I hope you will plan on going swimming tomorrow too. In fact, I'll start to follow you (if your profile allows it) so I can check in on your moods if that's ok?!

That's alright! What's that app that you're talking about?