Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

1 month without Clonazepam!! :)

[Le...]
5 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

It's about listening to the body and finding that perfect balance I guess. Can't rush things though.

I am about pushing myself to my limits and creating new ones. 

• Like 1

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah staring at the same four walls doesn't help mental health either. Unfortunatley some days thats all some can do. It doesn't have to be hard excercise or even excercise at all. Just distraction and getting the brain thinking about other things is good. Who knows it might even help with healing. Healthy body healthy mind etc.

It's a lot about not allowing yourself to get stuck in negative thought patterns. You need to be able to shift your focus to something else when needed. Exercising for example.

• Like 2

[Le...]

well i still get lots of dizzy spells and have learned to deal with them fairly well. So I was being punched in the head lightly in a KB lesson the other day and jeez I know how to ride that out now. Those boxers only think they know what TBIs are. :)  

[in...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

well i still get lots of dizzy spells and have learned to deal with them fairly well. So I was being punched in the head lightly in a KB lesson the other day and jeez I know how to ride that out now. Those boxers only think they know what TBIs are. :)  

What's KB and TBIs? Sorry for my awful English lol 🙃😉

[Cr...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

I am about pushing myself to my limits and creating new ones. 

So you are one of those people that join hotdog eating contests or tries to test the line how fast you can go when speeding before you get pulled over. A cop said for mph over "8 is great, 9 you're mine" so just a heads up to all you speeders.

• Haha 2

[Le...]

lol. was a bad joke. kickboxing and traumatic brain injury. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[Le...]

I find I am somewhat reckless lately but it definitely isnt normal for me. Usually I try to stay out of trouble but find lots cause i am an idiot. 

[in...]

Thanks for the support today ladies and gentlemen! I've got to go to bed! I'll talk to ya tomorrow. I love you all 💯✌️🤙❤️

• Like 1

[in...]

Gooood mooorning BB!!!! 😎😉 How was your night? Personally I slept for 7+ hours! I woke up feeling kind of good today. All I need right now is a cup of coffee! I love you all and hope for everyone to heal real soon 💯🫶

I'll be right back...

• Like 3

[in...]

So I went swimming yesterday and today my back's killing me. It must be from me not being used to moving as much, right? Should I start exercising more? 3 times per week can't be enough right?

[Al...]
3 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

So I went swimming yesterday and today my back's killing me. It must be from me not being used to moving as much, right? Should I start exercising more? 3 times per week can't be enough right?

Did you stretch before and after swimming? If not, it could be something as simple as that. If you are stretching and your back still hurts, I'd be careful about adding more swimming sessions for the time being. It may be that you need to build up your stamina first.

[in...]
5 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Did you stretch before and after swimming? If not, it could be something as simple as that. If you are stretching and your back still hurts, I'd be careful about adding more swimming sessions for the time being. It may be that you need to build up your stamina first.

I hardly ever stretch and my stamina sucks right now. If I start powerwalking I should be able to improve my stamina in a couple of weeks. Do you think it's too much?

[Al...]
2 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I hardly ever stretch and my stamina sucks right now. If I start powerwalking I should be able to improve my stamina in a couple of weeks. Do you think it's too much?

Adding power walking on the days you don't swim sounds like a great idea as long as you listen to your body and don't over do it. I think the key point is to increase your exercise tolerance little by little and not attempt more than you can handle at the moment. Adding a stretching routine before and after exercise would also be really beneficial.

• Like 2

[in...]
2 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Adding power walking on the days you don't swim sounds like a great idea as long as you listen to your body and don't over do it. I think the key point is to increase your exercise tolerance little by little and not attempt more than you can handle at the moment. Adding a stretching routine before and after exercise would also be really beneficial.

I'll start small. My biggest weaknesses is I want to push myself to the limit every time I exercise. It's like I don't want to accept the fact that I'm getting older lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[in...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Like Nike says "Just do it"

:boxer:

I'm more of an Adidas guy but I hear you 😎

[PE...]
Just now, [[i...] said:

Lol me to buddy..

• Love 1

[in...]
3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Lol me to buddy..

Nike usually makes smaller/tighter clothes. Plus their shoes are made for freakin' midgets 🤣

• Wow 1

[in...]

Anyway: I started this experiment today. I'm going to have a Pepsi Max after every meal to see if I'm dehydrated or not. Because I've felt way better after having one. Like yesterday after lunch for example: I felt so damn good I had to remind myself that I was off my medication lol. Let's see where this goes...

[PE...]
26 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Anyway: I started this experiment today. I'm going to have a Pepsi Max after every meal to see if I'm dehydrated or not. Because I've felt way better after having one. Like yesterday after lunch for example: I felt so damn good I had to remind myself that I was off my medication lol. Let's see where this goes...

It got lots of caffeine!

[in...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

It got lots of caffeine!

There's 1/8 of caffeine in a can of Pepsi Max compared to a cup of coffee brother 😃

[PE...]
21 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

There's 1/8 of caffeine in a can of Pepsi Max compared to a cup of coffee brother 😃

Ok all good then 😊😊

• Love 1

[Le...]
1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

Altra shoes are where its at guys. get with the times. 

[in...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

Altra shoes are where its at guys. get with the times. 

Altra? Is that a brand? Lol I've never heard of it!

[Le...]

very popular brand. no raised heel to damage your ankle and wide toe box for us big foots. 

• Like 2