Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

1 month without Clonazepam!! :)

[jo...]
3 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

As you all know I'm 1 month out. 

My muscles are so tense, as are my jaws! Is this normal after this time?

Please tell me something good!

Totally normal. It was a couple of months before I started seeing releif from that. I used to clench my jaws in a specific way (still do but not as much) and when I was brushing my teeth one day I noticed one of them had moved slightly as a result.

• Wow 1

[in...]
9 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Totally normal. It was a couple of months before I started seeing releif from that. I used to clench my jaws in a specific way (still do but not as much) and when I was brushing my teeth one day I noticed one of them had moved slightly as a result.

I'm going to cry tears of joy once my jaws start relaxing! I thought I would be stuck in this tension for life!! It's giving me this awful headache!!

[PE...]
16 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

As you all know I'm 1 month out. 

My muscles are so tense, as are my jaws! Is this normal after this time?

Please tell me something good!

Yeah I had a tense jaw for some time. Moving my teeth back and forward..gnissla tänder..

• Sad 1

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

I'm going to cry tears of joy once my jaws start relaxing! I thought I would be stuck in this tension for life!! It's giving me this awful headache!!

It eases up dont worry. Its like this for everyone early on. The anxiety is constant and horrible at one month. You might even heal quickly you never know. Hard to say at one month but it will get better either way.

• Like 1

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

Yeah I had a tense jaw for some time. Moving my teeth back and forward..gnissla tänder..

I do gnisslar tänder like varje dag va. It's so frustrerande va. I wish it kan lugna sig lite you know.

• Like 1

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

It eases up dont worry. Its like this for everyone early on. The anxiety is constant and horrible at one month. You might even heal quickly you never know. Hard to say at one month but it will get better either way.

When did it ease up in your case?

[jo...]

When did it ease up in your case?

Memories a bit foggy but I think after around 2 months I went into a window and it was pretty much gone. Since then it has only come back in bad anxiety days really. Which are far less frequent. I 100% dont get any of that as severe or as often anymore. And I hope I never will again!

• Like 1

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

Symptoms change for some though. I get new stuff regular now instead. 

Edited by [jo...]

[in...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Symptoms change for some though. I get new stuff regular now instead. 

As long as I can get rid of this headache I'm happy!

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

[jo...]

As long as I can't get rid of this headache I'm happy!

Try coffee if you can tolorate it. It works for some.

[in...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Yeah I do drink a cup in the morning. The headache comes from bruxism though. It's all about emotional stress, expectations and all that. I hope I won't get anything else lol.

• Like 1

[tr...]
On 05/07/2024 at 03:19, [[D...] said:

Soon you are entering second month off :) tomorow i am entering my six :) 

you are doing so good! Don’t give up! There is only one way out of here 🍀

How long were you taking benzos?

[De...]
41 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

How long were you taking benzos?

2.5 years 🙄

[De...]
1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Don’t offer coffee to @[in...]😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[De...]
2 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I do gnisslar tänder like varje dag va. It's so frustrerande va. I wish it kan lugna sig lite you know.

Ga som katten kring het grot

• Haha 1

[in...]

As most of you know I'm 1+ month out.

For some weird reason I got this massive anxiety attack while eating lunch. I feel a little more stable now though (20 minutes after eating).

Has anyone experienced the same thing? It scared me quite a lot because it was all super intense!

[PE...]
6 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

For some weird reason I got this massive anxiety attack while eating lunch. I feel a little more stable now though (20 minutes after eating).

Has anyone experienced the same thing? It scared me quite a lot because it was all super intense!

Sorry about that. Something in the food trigger you?

• Like 1

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

Sorry about that. Something in the food trigger you?

Nope. Just regular Swedish "husmanskost". I've eaten the same food for years without anything like this happening.

[Al...]
21 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I normally get anxiety after eating rather than while eating so it could just be a coincidence unless you ate the meal really fast.

• Like 1

[in...]
10 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I normally get anxiety after eating rather than while eating so it could just be a coincidence unless you ate the meal really fast.

I do eat reeeeally fast trying to avoid the anxious feelings!

• Like 1

[in...]
26 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Have you figured out why this happens?

[Al...]

I think it's because the gut is such a big part of the nervous system and digestion takes a lot of energy. You could try eating slower or eat lighter portions. I've also heard people say that foods high in glutamate and histamine can be triggering in withdrawal even if you tolerated them before. The trouble is there isn't much to eat if you cut all those foods out of your diet.

• Like 1

[in...]
6 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I think it's because the gut is such a big part of the nervous system and digestion takes a lot of energy. You could try eating slower or eat lighter portions. I've also heard people say that foods high in glutamate and histamine can be triggering in withdrawal even if you tolerated them before. The trouble is there isn't much to eat if you cut all those foods out of your diet.

I definitely need to learn how to eat slower!

• Like 1