Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Our brain cells are seriously being damaged.

[be...]

[Le...]

i had that slightly less severe sounding everytime i went through a series of life threatening events in life but recovered. I think because it was an obvious thing I could see an end to. Worth at least considering. I in no way am certain for you. 

17 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I have constant head pressure/tension thats so severe i cannot function and its getting worse. This is due to high dose rapid tapers off multiple drugs 11 years ago. This is permanent damage in my case. No doubt about it these drugs cause permanent neurological damage. 

I had it until I worked my way past some of what I went through with WD too. 

Edited by [Le...]
i suck at typing with my thumbs

[Sc...]
2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

i had that slightly less severe sounding everytime i went through a series of life threatening events in life but recovered. I think because it was an obvious thing I could see an end to. Worth at least considering. I in no way am certain for you. 

I had it until I worked my way past some of what I went through with WD too. 

How did you manage to release the head tension?

[Le...]

Started with just believing it maybe possible then working every muscle in neck/back/shoulders/ now face too with stretching and massage until the years of tension were countered. I still am doing some but it took many months and now i do it a bit each day only. 

[Le...]

a nice note is that my tinnitus went away with it and it comes back to a lesser degree when some tension returns. 

[Le...]

the crepitus was constant in neck and one shoulder the whole first few months. crack crack crack with every movement. 

[Sc...]
30 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

did you use “antipsychotics” ? @[Sc...]

I was convinced into taking them for a short time low dose for anxiety. Made me feel horrible. Did you take them as well?.

[fa...]
39 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Neck is stiff but my head is worse. Tight band around sides, pressure tension squeezing on top. I can feel it on my face too. These drugs cause neuronal changes (neurotoxicity).

Oh trust me. I know it. Lexapro was what got me.  My muscles can't contract and when they do it is awful. I sometimes get that tight band feeling

[fa...]
44 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Neck is stiff but my head is worse. Tight band around sides, pressure tension squeezing on top. I can feel it on my face too. These drugs cause neuronal changes (neurotoxicity).

My Doctor said that tight muscles in the neck pull the muscles in the head. However, I almost wonder if the reverse is true in my case. 

[Le...]
9 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I was convinced into taking them for a short time low dose for anxiety. Made me feel horrible. Did you take them as well?.

i had a discussion once with a simpleton psych where i told him that i thought religious people were delusional when he told me how much his faith helped him. immediately he was like try this. i forget the name. when i said no he mentioned that he had to be able to tell my insurance i was cooperating. i filled the prescription for half a year or so but never actually used them until a few time when CTed from benzos. 

[Sc...]
9 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

Oh trust me. I know it. Lexapro was what got me.  My muscles can't contract and when they do it is awful. I sometimes get that tight band feeling

I took SSRI's too they do it too. All of these poisons are toxic. We are not the only ones suffering from the damage there are probably millions across the world but the media and government are silent about it. People are afraid to speak.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Sc...]
8 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

My Doctor said that tight muscles in the neck pull the muscles in the head. However, I almost wonder if the reverse is true in my case. 

It could be possible, because i feel it more in my head than neck. I tried massage, heat, cold, stetches, even natural sedatives. Nothing works. This means the problem is a neurological problem (brain damage) but severe.

Edited by [Sc...]

[Le...]
4 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

It could be possible, because i feel it more in my head than neck. I tried massage, heat, cold, stetches, even natural sedatives. Nothing works. This means the problem is a neurological problem (brain damage) but severe.

me too. it starts elsewhere and the last place that cant resist is where you feel it. 

[Sc...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

me too. it starts elsewhere and the last place that cant resist is where you feel it. 

If we go to a doctor and say its the drugs they will deny its the drugs and tell you they are very safe and even healthy and claim we are nuts.

[jo...]
Just now, [[S...] said:

If we go to a doctor and say its the drugs they will deny its the drugs and tell you they are very safe and even healthy and claim we are nuts.

This is true. "It cant be the drugs there out of your system" These are doctors saying this.....DOCTORS!. Scary.

[Sc...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

This is true. "It cant be the drugs there out of your system" These are doctors saying this.....DOCTORS!. Scary.

Thats what they say its out of our system then deny the drugs change and can damage the nervous system. Then to cover their negligence or crimes they will tell you your illness came back. And illness they created with their drugs.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[fa...]
12 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Thats what they say its out of our system then deny the drugs change and can damage the nervous system. Then to cover their negligence or crimes they will tell you your illness came back. And illness they created with their drugs.

Have you tried myofascial medical massage?

[Sc...]
22 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

Have you tried myofascial medical massage?

I have tried professional massage, the first time it didn't do much, perhaps it needs more often. It can get expensive. I am thinking of trying again, i need a massage therapist who works on trigger points as well as myofascial massage.

Edited by [Sc...]

[Le...]

do it yourself. you cant get enough from someone else. even if you dont massage and stretch perfectly the frequency is likely more important right now. 

• Like 1

[fa...]
26 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I have tried professional massage, the first time it didn't do much, perhaps it needs more often. It can get expensive. I am thinking of trying again, i need a massage therapist who works on trigger points as well as myofascial massage.

You do.  My issue is when I get a massage jt makes my muscles really weak.  Like they all give up. I totally recommend going to a massage, finding the trigger points and then getting one of those cheap trigger point massagers on Amazon. When mine acts up I just sit and push on those points. I don't really know what else to do.  I imagine part of my issue is muscle imbalance too because I know some of my muscles aren't working right. 

[fa...]

Also for me heat makes ot worse but ice makes it better.  I don't know. 

[Sc...]
1 hour ago, [[f...] said:

You do.  My issue is when I get a massage jt makes my muscles really weak.  Like they all give up. I totally recommend going to a massage, finding the trigger points and then getting one of those cheap trigger point massagers on Amazon. When mine acts up I just sit and push on those points. I don't really know what else to do.  I imagine part of my issue is muscle imbalance too because I know some of my muscles aren't working right. 

Its hard to get the trigger points alone. I may be pressing the wrong points thats why i get no relief. My whole head feels like in a tight grip, i cant even think straight.

Edited by [Sc...]

[Sc...]
1 hour ago, [[f...] said:

Also for me heat makes ot worse but ice makes it better.  I don't know. 

I tried ice and heat both dont work. 

[da...]
9 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I have constant head pressure/tension thats so severe i cannot function and its getting worse. This is due to high dose rapid tapers off multiple drugs 11 years ago. This is permanent damage in my case. No doubt about it these drugs cause permanent neurological damage. 

Scooby please share your drug history. And also youve been off for 11 years and no relief of symptoms?