Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lost and crying

[Co...]
29 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Okay Colin that is all I remembered I didn't remember the thread it was quite a few months back even maybe when I was first starting. Personally I think I can get all the help I need right here on this forum for me sometimes it's the willingness to apply and try what people suggest. I realized I was just procrastinating because I wasn't I was so busy thinking about how bad everything was I wasn't thinking about a solution for myself which people here have given me all along, 👍💕 Oregon lady

Hi @[or...]. I was just posting for clarity.

There's a lot of conflation and confusion around counselling/psychotherapy and 'coaching'. Most of it is deliberate of course, as those selling these 'services' are hardly going to volunteer that they are unqualified/unlicensed/uninsured. You even need to be careful with some terms which you might assume indicates that they are qualified; in the UK, for example, 'counsellor', 'therapist', and 'psychotherapist' are not even protected terms. What I would do is make sure that the counsellor/coach is a member of reputable professional organisation with a robust complaints procedure. I would also ask for proof of professional indemnity insurance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

The problem is that just about all of the 'taper coaches' are unqualified as counsellor/psychotherapists or similar. It is something the admins and I have been discussing for a while. If a 'coach' is going to counsel others in benzo withdrawal, they had better have more under their belt than lived experience. If they devise a taper schedule, that prescribing. If they help their clients with emotional problems arising out of with (and beyond - because once one problem is opened, others likely will follow), they had better hold real counselling qualifications.

And for anyone and reads this and wonders about what we do here: BB is a peer group discussion platform - we do not direct members in their use and withdrawal of benzodiazepines.

@[...] Specifically, what kind of external support do you require?

@[Co...], I don't have any benzo wise doctors where I live. The ones who are in the usa,  don't treat patients outside their country. I am asking for references to taper coaches as they seem to be familiar with the process. I'm in tolerance and it's getting bad. I need help.

1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

Nlav it’s seriously hard going pal,I hope your ok.

Five new symptoms in the last two hours. Changing quickly. I just want pain relief and sleep. 

11 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Okay Colin that is all I remembered I didn't remember the thread it was quite a few months back even maybe when I was first starting. Personally I think I can get all the help I need right here on this forum for me sometimes it's the willingness to apply and try what people suggest. I realized I was just procrastinating because I wasn't I was so busy thinking about how bad everything was I wasn't thinking about a solution for myself which people here have given me all along, 👍💕 Oregon lady

You are very lucky.