Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lost and crying

I'm feeling so many bad symptoms today. 

I need help please. I'm struggling without a doctor.

I need some support BB.

Some of you are lucky having doctors who support you. I dint have one. I'm crying writing this.

They want me on detox or trying to compel me to get onto diazepam. I tried. It didn't work. I don't knownif I did it right. 

Can someone atleast share taper coach details to me? That is if a taper coach can help me with a plan and somehow monitor me. I searched all over the internet. I can't find resources in my country.

I know BB has policies but someone kindly help. 🙏 please

[Ma...]

Cry and let it all out. It’s a great stress reliever and not only natural but sometimes necessary.

Have you contacted Angela Peacock? She can help you with your taper.

[Hu...]

nlav. I think I understand what you are going through.

Maybe it is a good idea to then just accept the 10mg diazepam and taper the 2mg lorazepam at the same time. Most important is probably that you have some ownership in this problem. Going with some detox plan is not advisable since those are rushed.

It is good to write down your thoughts, to vent them in any way helpful. 

• Like 1

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

@[Hu...] ‘Ownership’? What? That is not helpful. @[...] has done his due diligence and then some. He did not create the problems he is presently facing. If anything he has reached out time and again after contacting outside sources, doing his own independent research and then some. He lives in a country lacking most resources most of us take for granted.

Diazepam switch does not work for a lot of people and it certainly didn’t for me.

Nobody should have to do this by themselves.

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

[Hu...]
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

@[Hu...] ‘Ownership’? What? That is not helpful. @[...] has done his due diligence and then some. He did not create the problems he is presently facing. If anything he has reached out time and again after contacting outside sources, doing his own independent research and then some. He lives in a country lacking most resources most of us take for granted.

Diazepam switch does not work for a lot of people and it certainly didn’t for me.

Maybe I translated the word wrong. I meant something like having hope, autonomy in treatment. If nlav decides for detox that might feel like getting help but might make it worse. 

Edited by [Hu...]

6 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Maybe I translated the word wrong. I meant something like having hope, autonomy in treatment. If nlav decides for detox that might feel like getting help but might make it worse. 

I am not interested in detox. I have asked for help locating a taper coach.

Someone who can help make a taper plan and help follow it up.

Just now, [[H...] said:

Do you think you can taper ativan? If interdose withdrawal is the problem, that might be difficult.

Do you feel ok when you take that larger dose in the evening?

Yes

Is there anyone other than Angela Peacock I can talk to? I would like to talk to a couple and see what advise they offer and choose. 

I don't wish to say anything else right now. 

Thanks for the help as well as understanding. 

I don't have the energy.

[Si...]

Mark Horowitz is expensive, but he is the one most likely to offer you concrete advice and guidance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Mark Horowitz is expensive, but he is the one most likely to offer you concrete advice and guidance. 

I need other options

[re...]

Before when you got on the Diaz. What was the dose? And how long did you take it for?

[La...]

Hi Nlav 

I don’t have any taper coach suggestion but I just wanted to send you a virtual hug and say that I hope you can get a doable plan soon. If you can afford it, a benzo coach would be a wise choice. Even if you can only afford a few weeks to get you headed in the right and safest direction. 

• Like 1

I am not on diazepam. I am on ativan 3mg.

I tried a transition to diazepam , it did not work. I am back on ativan for quite some time 

Ativan is what I have been using for years. No other medication 

1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

Hi Nlav 

I don’t have any taper coach suggestion but I just wanted to send you a virtual hug and say that I hope you can get a doable plan soon. If you can afford it, a benzo coach would be a wise choice. Even if you can only afford a few weeks to get you headed in the right and safest direction. 

Thanks, I need references. Please.

Especially if someone has already consulted and found it helpful for such a critical issue as thus benzo taper.

On a previous thread of mine, there was a lot of participation and I guess something from the moderators about referring coaches/external help.

I need advise with my tapering. I'm getting symptomatic in a way I can't comprehend. Pls provide help 

Has anyone had experience working with Nicole Lamberson?

Or Angela Peacock?

I am not aware of anyone else providing a taper plan with some degree of followups.

I'm going ahead and asking my questions please. If forum policies prevent responses. I'm a misfit here.

[Co...]
39 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I remember @[Co...] mentioning help in finding "on the ground" help near where we live.  I'm not sure that is still available here, but you can also google something like "benzo taper Coaches near me". oregonlady, PS sorry you are having so much trouble, I feel the same way this a.m. after a couple of Window days, now I'm down again.

For me, I just have to walk on through it, things will change, I know it has happened for me, and others as well.  Just try to hang in there, and try to remember our benzo-brains can tell us we aren't going to make it, but it's a lie.  We can do this @[...] :hug:

Hi @[or...]

I am not sure to which post of mine you refer. But of course we will try help members locate qualified and licenced psychotherapists, counsellors, psychiatrists and doctors. What I (and the team) will not do is help members locate (and effectively) recommend unqualified/unlicensed/uninsured (self-described) 'taper coaches'.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[Ct...]

@[...] I know you want a benzo tapering coach, but while you look into that you might consider getting help from @[El...]. She has helped others tapering short acting benzodiazepines such as Ativan. 

6 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hi @[or...]

I am not sure to which post of mine you refer. But of course we will try help members locate qualified and licenced psychotherapists, counsellors, psychiatrists and doctors. What I (and the team) will not do is help members locate (and effectively) recommend unqualified/unlicensed/uninsured (self-described) 'taper coaches'.

The Mark horowitz thread @[Co...]

I'm in India. Please assist me.

8 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

@[...] I know you want a benzo tapering coach, but while you look into that you might consider getting help from @[El...]. She has helped others tapering short acting benzodiazepines such as Ativan. 

Yes, I have interacted with her. She has been kind and responsive. I'm thankful for her presence here.

[or...]
19 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hi @[or...]

Okay Colin that is all I remembered I didn't remember the thread it was quite a few months back even maybe when I was first starting. Personally I think I can get all the help I need right here on this forum for me sometimes it's the willingness to apply and try what people suggest. I realized I was just procrastinating because I wasn't I was so busy thinking about how bad everything was I wasn't thinking about a solution for myself which people here have given me all along, 👍💕 Oregon lady

• Like 1

[re...]

Nlav:

Please tell us what dose you were on of the Diaz when it didn't work. It should of been 20-30mg at least with your Ativan use. I don't understand why doctors keep giving out this benzo for therapeutic use. It has disastrous effects to come of and major inter dose withdrawals. It is great for ER use and seizures ONLY. 

If you were not on the correct dose then you may never have stabilized and it is why you were having issues. Many times practitioners will not put you on the correct dose.