Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How to distinguish PAWD from Acute WD?

[be...]

Some say if you dont have seizures and your heart is not pounding and u dont see hallucinations and stuff you are PAWD.

I dont have those now.

Depersonalization, Brain Zaps, Hypersensitivity, Tremors really bother but idk when when can I finally say that it is PAWD?

[in...]

What's the meaning of "PAWD"? I've seen the word somewhere, but I don't know the meaning of it. Thanks!

[be...]
26 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

What's the meaning of "PAWD"? I've seen the word somewhere, but I don't know the meaning of it. Thanks!

post acute wd 

or 

protected acute wd

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[b...] said:

post acute wd 

or 

protected acute wd

Aah alright! Thanks allot! Yo I jumped today by the way. Wish me luck lol. I wish you all the best! Peace!

• Like 1

[Le...]

There is a gradual recovery period after acute for everyone I imagine. Likely of different lengths and severities. You seem to be doing a million times better than me if I am guessing your timeline right. Things are going to get better. Hopefully very soon. 

Do you have help and support at home?

[jo...]
6 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Some say if you dont have seizures and your heart is not pounding and u dont see hallucinations and stuff you are PAWD.

I dont have those now.

Depersonalization, Brain Zaps, Hypersensitivity, Tremors really bother but idk when when can I finally say that it is PAWD?

Yeah I never understood this either. If we are told that acute is between a fe weeks to a few months then surely anything after a few months is post acute.

[Le...]

I think of it as acute is more the drug withdrawal and paws is the body stabilizing afterwards. 

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

I think of it as acute is more the drug withdrawal and paws is the body stabilizing afterwards. 

I agree. I completely disagree with this idea that you officially have PAWS after 18 months to 2 years. I dont know where that comes from. PAWS is any symptoms still present after acute phase. It's self explanitory. Heather Ashton also states that protracted is anything after 3 months. But as every one varies in acute time lines it's just any stabilizing taking place after acute right?

[Le...]

that is how I think and it is sort of in the name. timelines mostly confuse the issue. 

• Like 1