Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

SYMPTOMS GOTTEN WORST AT 14 1/2 MTHS OUT , HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME

It seems unpopular to state you are still having problems after a year or so off. I know this is scary to those early in recovery...I haveseen several people try to start threads about being a year or even two off and these have been locked because they may exclude some.

People at 16 months out need support too.  I shutter to read this, if I am still struggling at 16 months I hope I am not black balled.

Even though Beeper addressed these comments, I wanted to further clarify our stance.  Everyone and anyone is welcome to post their issues, at anytime in their recovery.  Our point in closing a thread which limited member participation was because it limited participation, this isn't what we like to see.  The Withdrawal & Recovery Support board is for every phase of benzodiazepine withdrawal, so making separate threads within the board for certain time frames of recovery could divide the community and members might miss out on some good input from those who don't happen to fit their posting requirements.  I hope I've helped clarify this issue.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [am...]

• [he...]

• [...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Since my name was mentioned, I'd like to say that yes, I was able to work and for that I'm grateful because I know not everyone can.  We're all unique, trying to pigeon hole each of us into a particular time frame for healing is unrealistic.  And because we're unique, we take different routes to reach our destination, these routes may not be what you would choose, but we're all doing the best we can.  Please practice tolerance when posting your opinions, isn't benzodiazepine withdrawal difficult enough?

It seems unpopular to state you are still having problems after a year or so off. I know this is scary to those early in recovery...I haveseen several people try to start threads about being a year or even two off and these have been locked because they may exclude some.

People at 16 months out need support too.  I shutter to read this, if I am still struggling at 16 months I hope I am not black balled.

Even though Beeper addressed these comments, I wanted to further clarify our stance.  Everyone and anyone is welcome to post their issues, at anytime in their recovery.  Our point in closing a thread which limited member participation was because it limited participation, this isn't what we like to see.  The Withdrawal & Recovery Support board is for every phase of benzodiazepine withdrawal, so making separate threads within the board for certain time frames of recovery could divide the community and members might miss out on some good input from those who don't happen to fit their posting requirements.  I hope I've helped clarify this issue.

Glad to see you reiterate this Pam.  I was sorta freaked out because I may be in that boat being that I was on benzos 20 years and detoxed.  I am however hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.  My heart goes out to everyone in this situation, how scary,disappointing, and devastating to still be experiencing so many w/d's this far out.  Truly heartbreaking. 

Hi P and everyone, I would never ever want to scare anyone here. Im still having sx, but many, many have left. I am healing and am in a good place mentally about all that happened to me. Im just kind of tired of it all. I regret the wording of my post. Good has come from this experience, and I have learned a lot from it. I think everyone does. P, people who detox or have been on a long time heal too. I just thought a separate thread for people a year out might help prevent people who are early in recovery from reading or stumbling on something that frightened them. I did the opposite of that in my post and Im so sorry about that. Also did not to disrespect mods or admin of site. My intention was to reassure Laura that what she has is bws and that its temporary. I really believe that because Im very close to Laura, know her entire history and what she is like as a person. She is awesome and I love her like a sister. Really hope everyone is at least ok today. Colleen

I would never judge someone with serious symptoms still past the 1 year mark.  We all heal at different rates.  While it is invalidating enough to have our very own doctors deny withdrawal, how much worse people who have actually been through withdrawal themselves telling others they are whining?  WOW.  That is truly unbelievable to me. 

I am basically healed at this point and just sticking around here for a bit longer to offer encouragement and let people know healing happens.  I healed at 15 months, others at 9 months, some at 18 months...regardless, this is supposed to be a place for support.  If you feel the poster is "whining" then keep it to yourself.  I would be devastated if my only source of support throughout withdrawal then turned on me telling me what the doctors say, basically, it's all in your head.  Give me a break.

I take it you are referring to me leslie.

Sorry but some people do whine, others get on with things, it's a fact, you don't have to like it but it is the truth.

Sure it's a fact, but you don't have to comment on it if you think someone is whining, either.

I would never judge someone with serious symptoms still past the 1 year mark.  We all heal at different rates.  While it is invalidating enough to have our very own doctors deny withdrawal, how much worse people who have actually been through withdrawal themselves telling others they are whining?  WOW.  That is truly unbelievable to me. 

I am basically healed at this point and just sticking around here for a bit longer to offer encouragement and let people know healing happens.  I healed at 15 months, others at 9 months, some at 18 months...regardless, this is supposed to be a place for support.  If you feel the poster is "whining" then keep it to yourself.  I would be devastated if my only source of support throughout withdrawal then turned on me telling me what the doctors say, basically, it's all in your head.  Give me a break.

Sorry but some people do whine, others get on with things, it's a fact, you don't have to like it but it is the truth.

Sure it's a fact, but you don't have to comment on it if you think someone is whining, either.

How does commenting on the comment do anything other than give the original comment more exposure and legitimacy?

You're doing exactly what you are telling me not to do.  It is illogical!

[9b...]

Once I'm off this junk. I'm giving myself 24 months to heal, that's two years.

I find that many heal around that time.

I have read too many stories, and almost all of them say, "Around two years" or "Two years".

I have read too many stories, and almost all of them say, "Around two years" or "Two years".

Hmm that would seem to go against the ashton manual and many success story categories.

[9b...]

Hmm that would seem to go against the ashton manual and many success story categories.

Well, that seems to be the healing point for many.

I am speaking from what I have read.

Take care :)

How does commenting on the comment do anything other than give the original comment more exposure and legitimacy?

No, Amano.  I never said she was whining.  Stop with the illogical.  You know exactly what I am talking about (at least I hope you do).  You are being insensitive to the OP.  If you don't recognize this, I don't know what to say anymore.  I'm not going to reply again.  I've made my point.

Well, that seems to be the healing point for many.

I am speaking from what I have read.

Take care :)

Yes, Sigma.  You are correct.  This is what I've noticed, as well.  Two years for total healing is quite common.

[9b...]
Yes, Sigma.  You are correct.  This is what I've noticed, as well.  Two years for total healing is quite common.

Leslie,

I hope I heal before that.

Hard to say, but 18 - 24 months seems to be the months.

We are all different. It is not good comparing with others. That knows to be frustrating especially if you expected some particular time for heal and that didn't happened. We don't need extra stress and depression. Be good on yourself. Everyone will heal. More you think when is that day more you nervous become. I think when someone get stuck in some period of healing he needs words of encouragement and support.

Wish you all well.

Marija

We are all different. It is not good comparing with others. That knows to be frustrating especially if you expected some particular time for heal and that didn't happened. We don't need extra stress and depression. Be good on yourself. Everyone will heal. More you think when is that day more you nervous become. I think when someone get stuck in some period of healing he needs words of encouragement and support.

Wish you all well.

Marija

:thumbsup:

Colleen, I found nothing disrespectful in your comments, and while we hope to spare the folks early in their recovery, we can't.  The internet is full of horror stories, but at least here; with input from the entire community in every stage of healing, we can balance them.

I had hoped that once I posted to this thread the snipping would stop, apparently I was hoping for too much.  To those involved, the unwelcome comments stop now.

No, Amano.  I never said she was whining.  Stop with the illogical.  You know exactly what I am talking about (at least I hope you do).  You are being insensitive to the OP.  If you don't recognize this, I don't know what to say anymore.  I'm not going to reply again.  I've made my point.

The lack of logic I was referring to was you telling me not to comment on something because it didn't jive with a particular viewpoint but you did exactly the same to me.  That is illogical.

As for saying the op was whining, please reread the whole thread.....you will find your claim is unfounded.

[ec...]