Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

7 Months Update

[Sw...]

Hey all. I am 7 months out now. And 37 weeks pregnant! 

quick update on remaining symptoms:

-tingling sensations that come and go on my head and face sometimes arms and hands. Happens 5-10% of the time is not bothersome.

-burning in my left nostril but I was sick so many times this winter it could be from all the inflammation/repair still happening -25% of time I deal with it.

-shoulder (left) and neck super stiff and tight causing referred pain to my head, scalp, face. Saw a chiropractor this week and he helped me realize how insanely tight this complex of muscles is and how it’s causing me referred pain. He adjusted me and I’ve been doing daily stretches. It’s manageable but an ongoing problem that was triggered by withdrawal. 
-depression, anxiety, lack of joy, the works. Strong anhedonia lately. I still laugh, I still desire to feel all the good feelings. Working hard on that. A lot of this is repressed trauma resurfacing. Kind of sucks I have to put in the work now to feel good instead of take pills lol. Who doesn’t like a quick fix? I notice my thoughts now and I have to choose to meditate/think on something else. If I feel hopeless I need to consciously choose to remember times I was happy and visualize times in the future when I will be happy again. It helps a lot and I start to feel different just by visualizing. It is however work.

-tinnitus is always there and loud. Louder than the tv, louder than the ceiling fan. It’s just there and annoying. I realize I need to accept it in order to ignore it. I believe it will calm down one day, but not yet. 

I don’t think there is much else but if I think of something I’ll edit this post. I had a lot of symptoms before, progress is easy to see. I accept it can take 2 years to feel “normal” again. New normal. It’s okay I just need to keep pushing through. 

• Like 5

[Ct...]
Posted (edited)

@[Sw...] I admire you as you move forward in your pregnancy and recovery from Benzo withdrawal. What you are going through must be so difficult. Thank you for sharing your coping mechanisms. I plan to incorporate them as I move forward tapering Clonazepam.  Ctlady

Edited by [Ct...]
Additional sentence.

[Ct...]

Yes, @[Sw...]. I have been tapering off 1 mg of Clonazepam, and currently my dose is 0.57 mg. I am doing a micro taper, weighing and filing pills.