Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Diazepam taper symptoms

[Za...]

HI everyone, hope you doing well. I'm down to 4mg valium, my main symptoms are;

Really emotional, feel like crying all the time and extreme fatigue. I try and go gym and play golf but feeling like crying for no reason throughout( don't cry) and tired that I want to stop. Anyone else feel like this whilts tapering? Worried it might be something else. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

[Na...]

Yes, i cried all morning and I'm in valium withdrawal. I tapered too fast over the last 3 weeks and was in extremely severe withdrawal last night so I ended up doing a small updose, the severe physical symptoms went back down to a more tolerable level but now I've just been super depressed and sobbing all day. Diazapam definitely can have that effect on us. 

[2a...]

Hi,

After some cut and holds that finally made me very sick i switched to micro tapering when i was at 4mg in 2 doses, 2mg every 12hours and initially i was tapering from both doses alternatively but i had to start tapering only my morning dose cause i was feeling extremly sedated, fatigued and lightheaded to the point i was bed/couch bound, i felt i was gonna faint only for walking for a a couple of minutes. My blood presure was 90/70.

After i started to taper only from the morning dose i also decided to split that one in 2 and take 1mg and the rest after 2 hours. That way i could improve my fatigue and my blood preasure went back to 120/70 so i keep tapering my morning dose till i get rid of it and then will start with the night dose, which by the way never made me feel those horrible side effects, only the morning dose is trouble maker.

Diazpepam is a very sedating benzo, it has some advantages but also comes with the extreme fatigue and drepresion. Day time dosing with diazepam is a bad idea.

Are you taking your 4mg all in a single dose? at what time?