Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Haven't slept so good in years!

[or...]
Posted (edited)

I'm about 15 months into my taper (3% micro tapers) and I started sleeping again!  Once in awhile I wake up once during the night, but can fall back to sleep.  I only get 6-7 hours usually which I can hardly believe after all the insomnia + race-brain (intrusive thoughts) keeping me awake.

I don't use anything at all for sleep now but I did try some things that didn't help at all like chamomile, propranolol, benedryl but the last 2 only maybe 3 times trying.  Now I feel like I just needed to let wd sxs run their course and leave well enough alone.  I'm 71, and used the C tablet for 35 years.  If this can happen for me, I think it's reasonable to say, it can happen for others.

Couple things I believe are helping me is my very low carb nutrition, as well as exercise like either my walks, and workout video I'll attach below.  I went through a pretty rough time with my new puppy who is now almost 4 months old.  I was super exhausted and it shot my anxiety through the roof, but I began to sleep better through that time.  I got her on April 22nd.  I also found a new and better apartment, and am moving on the 20th of this month, and that hasn't helped with some anxiety, and a muscle strain which had me limping about a month.  All healed up though.

All I did for the pain/ache in my hip was Tylenol Regular, plus PT stretches I found on youtube, easy stuff.  I just wanted to give folks hope on the insomnia that plagues many of us during wd from benzos.  I honestly can't remember feeling this good in morning,  when I was in my 20s before benzos.  No dreams I remember either, oregonlady PS I think focusing on those "wonderful distractions" has done a lot for me. No time to think about the benzo wd sxs ;) Oh Lord, my puppy is licking my toes so I guess it's time to sign off 🐶

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 5
  • Love 4

[be...]

im glad to hear that u slept well. i hope u get through this and suceed in your WD

• Like 1

[En...]
2 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I'm about 15 months into my taper (3% micro tapers) and I started sleeping again!  Once in awhile I wake up once during the night, but can fall back to sleep.  I only get 6-7 hours usually which I can hardly believe after all the insomnia + race-brain (intrusive thoughts) keeping me awake.

I don't use anything at all for sleep now but I did try some things that didn't help at all like chamomile, propranolol, benedryl but the last 2 only maybe 3 times trying.  Now I feel like I just needed to let wd sxs run their course and leave well enough alone.  I'm 71, and used the C tablet for 35 years.  If this can happen for me, I think it's reasonable to say, it can happen for others.

Couple things I believe are helping me is my very low carb nutrition, as well as exercise like either my walks, and workout video I'll attach below.  I went through a pretty rough time with my new puppy who is now almost 4 months old.  I was super exhausted and it shot my anxiety through the roof, but I began to sleep better through that time.  I got her on April 22nd.  I also found a new and better apartment, and am moving on the 20th of this month, and that hasn't helped with some anxiety, and a muscle strain which had me limping about a month.  All healed up though.

All I did for the pain/ache in my hip was Tylenol Regular, plus PT stretches I found on youtube, easy stuff.  I just wanted to give folks hope on the insomnia that plagues many of us during wd from benzos.  I honestly can't remember feeling this good in morning,  when I was in my 20s before benzos.  No dreams I remember either, oregonlady PS I think focusing on those "wonderful distractions" has done a lot for me. No time to think about the benzo wd sxs ;) Oh Lord, my puppy is licking my toes so I guess it's time to sign off 🐶

I believe daily exercise and a healthy diet helps alot. I find when I dont eat healthy I dont feel as well the next day. I have changed my diet. I also go for daily walks. About an hour a day. I think this helps as well. I also listen to music while walking. I think music is good for your reward system. 

• Love 1

[Ja...]

Oregonlady,..glad to hear your getting  peice of mind and good sleep at last,.after such a long time on benzos and the withdrawal you more than deserve the peace you getting now pal : )

[Ma...]

@[or...] I’m glad to hear you’re sleeping well.  I’ve had a similar experience.  Insomnia has been by far my biggest issue and the reason I was put on this drug in the first place.  I feel my sleep has improved as I’ve gotten lower in dose, although it’s certainly not linear.  I do think tapering slowly helps a lot, along with a lot of good habits.  

• Like 1