Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Starting taper need advice!

[Me...]

Hi everyone! I am new here,

I have been on 0.5 ER Xanax 3 times a day for about 8 years now. I am beginning my taper soon and am looking for advice because I am terrified of terrible withdrawals and having a seizure!! My doctor has me starting my just cutting my afternoon pill in half for about two weeks and then going from there. 

[Bu...]

Hello @[Me...],

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

We have a kind, caring community here who can certainly help you with a taper plan and offer good support in general.  Tapering isn't my strength, but I wanted to get your account going so that others with better knowledge can chime in.  

We'll do our best to help you and I'm glad you found us.

[Me...]

Thank you so much! I appreciate it, and I’m so glad I found this community of people to be a part of.

[Ni...]

I know the fear you feel. For me I became very determined and put all my focus on the taper. I am on a very fast taper, 4 weeks, it’s has not been easy but I’m making it. Take it one moment at a time. You’ve got this! I’m new here as well and reading all the positive support is inspiring. It’s all going to be okay. 

[51...]

Thank you for inspiring words Nikib. I hope you also achieve your goals. I feel too sick as my mind doesnt let me focus.

[Ni...]

I know it’s so hard to focus. I put my taper in a spreadsheet and broke it up in three columns for my doses morning, afternoon and evening. I go hour by hour and once that clock flips I check off that dose. I do this for every single day of my taper. It has helped me stay true to the taper and not back track. I use it to talk with my Dr. and record my symptoms, when I feel them at what dose and if they are continuing. I read back and realize I’m not sweating every morning. I have new symptoms. It has helped so much not to just focus on the bad but celebrate my successes no matter how small. I am moving forward. You can do this! It’s so overwhelming, just one moment at a time. We’ll all make it. I’m here for you anytime! It’s perfectly normal to feel scared. I believe in you. Take care of yourself, you’re worth it. 

[Me...]

@[Ni...]

This really helps me feel better! I know I will definitely have side effects as I come down I just let the really terrible stories about having seizures scare me so bad that I have literally put this taper off for almost 2 years! I know I am ready know and since finding this group has made me feel a lot better and I don’t read as much bad! I can’t wait to be at the finish line but I also know I have a ways to go! 

• Love 1