Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo Recovery

[Tr...]

Hi, 

My new doctor tapered me off Klonopin three months ago. She prescribed me Remeron.  Since then, I rarely have needed the medication. I am asked to take Propranolol but scared of its effect. I've started to enjoy and do little things again. The only main concern of my Remeron is my food Intake. In three months I have only gained seven pounds on the new medication. I exercise and do plenty of yard work in the evening which keeps me busy. I’m guessing the exercise has prevented the massive weight gain. I’m sure everyone is different. 

@[Tr...], hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies!) We're so glad you've joined us. 3 months off and all the progress, really cool!

I know both medications and they both helped me during the withdrawal. As far as i remember, propranolol didn't cause any side effects. About your concern, yes, i do remember there were times at the beginning of taking mirtazapine when i felt as if i was going to pass out if i didn't eat smth immediately but i managed to handle it. You seem to be able to do it too, great! I did gaine some weight but since i was extremely skinny it was ok and the urges stopped over time. They're quite manageable. I ran in the morning (do it now too), did lots of walking and ate small helpings. That is what worked as i think.

Good luck to you! Thank you for sharing:classic_smile: