Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Getting scared

[Ca...]

Hey BB,

I'm getting very worried, I am fairly new to all of this including the site and I'm noticing that not of my symptoms have decreased alot, even the sweating but my trembling has now. If I hold my teeth close together, you would swear I was sitting on a block of ice, does anyone have any idea when they will subside? This is really starting to worry me as something permanent :-[

[Ca...]
Posted (edited)

Also for context, I've been CT since Sunday with a fast taper

Edited by [Ca...]

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

Hi and welcome. You are going through the acute phase of withdrawl wich usually lasts for a few weeks to a few months it can vary a lot. For some they can get better very quickley after this phase. It is rough I know. The symptoms you have are common at this point. Because you are not far out there is the option of restarting the benzo stabalising and starting a slower taper. There are plenty of people on here who have done that before and can advise you better than me. I'm sure they'll chime in soon. Stay strong it can be rough but it's normal at this stage.

Edited by [jo...]
  • Like 3

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Hey BB,

I'm getting very worried, I am fairly new to all of this including the site and I'm noticing that not of my symptoms have decreased alot, even the sweating but my trembling has now. If I hold my teeth close together, you would swear I was sitting on a block of ice, does anyone have any idea when they will subside? This is really starting to worry me as something permanent :-[

Its not permanent, but that can mean little to calm you when the symptoms are quite intense and unrelenting.

Going by your history, you were drinking heavily for 3 years and stopped that cold turkey on Weds May 29th and then Sun June 2nd you cold turkeyed from a 5 day rapid taper off of 1 to 2 mg of Xanax that you used during your time drinking?

You are lucky you didn't have a seizure. Doing a cold turkey from benzos alone is rough let alone along with alcohol.

Things will get better eventually, but you are looking at around 3 weeks minimum for acute withdrawal. Have you firmly decided to stick to your cold turkey from benzos or are you open to reinstating and doing a slower taper?

@[PE...] went through a cold turkey not too long ago and is doing better. He might chime in on your situation.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 3

[PE...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Also for context, I've been CT since Sunday with a fast taper

Hi!

Nothing to worry about you are in acute and it's normal. The first few weeks was toughest for me. Symptoms vary among users. For me it was vomiting badly and akathisia. 

Nicely done keep on 😊😊☺️