Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Prescribed Mirtazapine

[jo...]
On 07/06/2024 at 18:57, [[C...] said:

Mirtazapine is a tetracyclic antidepressant, not an ssri. It is sometimes prescribed along with an ssri.

I personally am not familiar with how bad the startup effects of mirt are if one should start really slowly. From what i have witnessed from my father and other members, mirt is easier to start up than an ssri, but harder to stop than an ssri.

Hey Crono, why would someone be prescribed 2 AD's?

[De...]
21 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

If one dobt work so good simetimes they give another one so the effect is not + its *. 
That is how doctor describe it to mee. Or because diferent ad is for diferent problems. They can give you seroxat in morning to get you up  And for example tritico in evening for sleep. 

• Like 1

[Le...]
6 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

If one dobt work so good simetimes they give another one so the effect is not + its *. 
That is how doctor describe it to mee. Or because diferent ad is for diferent problems. They can give you seroxat in morning to get you up  And for example tritico in evening for sleep. 

If one doesnt get you hooked maybe 2 can fuddle you enough that you never realize how sick you are getting. 

• Haha 2

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

What's the best way to titrate up. If I want to go up say 1mg a week, should I cut the pills by eye or do I have to be more precise.

Edited by [jo...]

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

What's the best way to titrate up. If I want to go up sau 1mg a week should I cut the pills by eye or do I have to be more precise.

Or should I just bite the bullet and jump up 7.5. Half a pill.

[Cr...]
1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Usually that only happens when a patient shows signs of treatment-resistant depression or when the patient claims to be satisfied with their current med but 'feels' it is not enough and increasing dose is not an option. Some psychiatrists will prescribe two ADs of different classes together, usually with one being considered an adjunct to the other, for various other circumstances as well. Many times it also happens when one of the ADs is being used for off-label purposes like someone taking an SSRI for depression but also mirtazapine or trazadone to help with sleep.

• Like 2