Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

7 weeks off - still acute?

[Kr...]

Hey guys! 

Im 7 weeks off. I have a lot of pain on my head, burning sensation on my scalpe, tremors on my hands, and difficulty with the light… really hard to look outside. Any advices? Is this still the peak phase? When should I expect to get better? 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

[PE...]

Hi.

Like everything else in this matter it's very individual. I think my acute was done around three weeks and i seen this is common. 

Especially tremors is very a very common acute symptom.. 

It sounds like you doing sort of ok! :))

good job!

• Like 1

[Kr...]

Yes, I am not as bad as a lot of people and I feel lucky, but also, I think a lot of things are getting worst instead of getting better, and I’m afraid I’m still not in the acute phase 

[or...]

Hi Kris, I'm not off the benzo yet, just in the taper-phase, so I can't relate to your 7 weeks off, but like Peppe said, you seem be doing good.  Everyone is truly different in their wd sxs, the intensity or lack thereof, and the time it takes.

You are in a good place with plenty of help from peers that have either been through similar, or still going through it.  I have bad tremors which began before my taper, but I was in Tolerance Withdrawal for years which caused a lot of my issues I truly believe.

Hang in there with us, and we will get through it together, oregonlady :hug:

[Ma...]

Try not to put labels on where you are in your journey. You’ll find if you do you’ll constantly be changing your ‘goal posts’, which isn’t helpful.

For me I awake and think, Okay, what are we dealing with today? Every day is different and unpredictable and your only job is to manage symptoms 1 day at a time, nothing more.

You could go into a beautiful window tomorrow so do the labels actually matter?

jenswanphd has 3 recent videos on YouTube about recovery. Actually, I believe they are something like Acute, Early Recovery and Recovery, but they encompass a greater swath of time.

You might find those interesting in assessing your healing.

• Like 1

[Kr...]
4 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi.

Like everything else in this matter it's very individual. I think my acute was done around three weeks and i seen this is common. 

Especially tremors is very a very common acute symptom.. 

It sounds like you doing sort of ok! :))

good job!

1 hour ago, [[o...] said:

Hi Kris, I'm not off the benzo yet, just in the taper-phase, so I can't relate to your 7 weeks off, but like Peppe said, you seem be doing good.  Everyone is truly different in their wd sxs, the intensity or lack thereof, and the time it takes.

You are in a good place with plenty of help from peers that have either been through similar, or still going through it.  I have bad tremors which began before my taper, but I was in Tolerance Withdrawal for years which caused a lot of my issues I truly believe.

Hang in there with us, and we will get through it together, oregonlady :hug:

Thank you so much 💖

• Like 1

[Kr...]
34 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Try not to put labels on where you are in your journey. You’ll find if you do you’ll constantly be changing your ‘goal posts’, which isn’t helpful.

For me I awake and think, Okay, what are we dealing with today? Every day is different and unpredictable and your only job is to manage symptoms 1 day at a time, nothing more.

You could go into a beautiful window tomorrow so do the labels actually matter?

jenswanphd has 3 recent videos on YouTube about recovery. Actually, I believe they are something like Acute, Early Recovery and Recovery, but they encompass a greater swath of time.

You might find those interesting in assessing your healing.

Thank you! You are totally right, yes!