Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can I die from WD?

[be...]
Posted (edited)

I sleep for less than 3 hours each night and it has been 40 days. I chest squeezes as I get tired more and more everyday. I wonder if it is a cadiac thing or just a chest pain but it is getting harder and harder. I feel that my body is pushed to its limit. I wonder if I suddenly collapse and die. Idk what I can do now. I dont wanna touch benzo ever again tho.

Edited by [be...]

[PE...]

Oh no you wont die!

But believing to do is a very popular wd symptom 😉😊

The chest thing you have is also very common..it's just the stress you got from the withdrawal. 

All good keep on and well done so far!!

• Like 1

[to...]
Posted (edited)

I was convinced of imminent death quite a bit during withdrawal and I was always fine.

Edited by [to...]
  • Like 1

[En...]
12 hours ago, [[b...] said:

I sleep for less than 3 hours each night and it has been 40 days. I chest squeezes as I get tired more and more everyday. I wonder if it is a cadiac thing or just a chest pain but it is getting harder and harder. I feel that my body is pushed to its limit. I wonder if I suddenly collapse and die. Idk what I can do now. I dont wanna touch benzo ever again tho.

Health anxiety is common during withdrawal. I once thought I had heart problems because of the pain I was having. I had tests done and all was ok. I got relief from getting those tests done. Maybe you want to get bloodwork and ekg done so you can cross out health issues and feel better knowing what you are feeling is just withdrawal. 

• Like 1