Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is throwing up a symptom of a benzo taper?

[bl...]

Since the beginning of the year I have been struggling with nausea and throwing up on a regular basis. Long story short, I have had my gallbladder removed, a endoscopy done, and tested for food allergies and all have either not helped, or nothing has shown up as a reason for my symptoms. So before I go back to the GI doctor this coming Monday, I thought I would hop on here and ask if anyone has had severe issues when doing a taper? I am coming off of Clonazepam at a very slow rate. I reinstated at .25 mg last may, and held there until the first of the year. Starting 2024 I started my year long taper of getting off of the .25mg. dropping 1% of my original dose (2mg) each month. Essentially I am cutting off 1/12 of the current dose (.25mg) every month and holding until the next month. I am hoping that makes sense. Anyways, I am literally throwing up within 30 minutes of eating, and it seems like it doesn't matter what I am eating, as it pretty much always happens. I have a feeling in my throat that seems scratchy and restricting and it gets sore. As soon as I throw up I feel better and my throat gets better - until the next time it happens. It's an all day occurrence for my throat to feel weird and with the nausea, and then a toss up as to whether I throw up. Sometimes I can keep myself from it, and others I can't. But like I said, I get almost immediate relief.

Another thing to note is that on my first taper I would throw up occasionally from nausea and I lived on Zofran - which sometimes didn't help, but then when I reinstated onto the .25mg, I hardly had any issues for the 8 months that I held there.

[jo...]

Not personaly but I have heard of people having this symptom before.

[PE...]

Just got home from the gym.

Yes @[jo...] is right i vomited and had bad nassua for some time. I got nassua medication that people in chemotherapy gets but I'm sorry to say it didn't have much effect.

The thing is with this kind of nassua is that it has zero to do with guts! It's all in the brain. What helped me some was huge amounts of raw ginger. Big mouthful pieces.. 

This was for sure on of my worst  symptoms. Together with anakthasia it was pure torture. Walking around like a damaged robot and constantly puking like a sick cat.

Also i got quentapine 2 months in and that helped a bit.

It's all gone now 8 months in.

[PE...]

I don't think this is very common but some people get it. 

Maybe you should try to hold until it's a bit better.

But it's a chance you just postpone it if you do..

Have you tried with CBD or THC? It's been used for thousands of year for this.