Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can’t keep my life on hold

[An...]
Posted (edited)

My life has been on hold for a year now and I’m no were near close to the end result, I need to go back to work I can’t afford this. Some days I don’t even sleep, and im still tapering. How will I manage this has anyone worked through there taper 

Edited by [An...]

[Ja...]

I’m know the feeling,.this interferes with your whole day

• Sad 1

[An...]
1 minute ago, [[J...] said:

I’m know the feeling,.this interferes with your whole day

I can’t even get to the shops I haven’t left my house in 10 days I’m not sure how I’m going to go back to work 

[Ja...]

You must be in a really bad wave bud,Ive went to the shops and walked back out a couple time,.trying to force myself,.it must be stress as it can flip my mood from ok to carnt deal with any1 really quick

have you had a recent dose drop 

[An...]
Just now, [[J...] said:

You must be in a really bad wave bud,Ive went to the shops and walked back out a couple time,.trying to force myself,.it must be stress as it can flip my mood from ok to carnt deal with any1 really quick

have you had a recent dose drop 

Yeah I was doing much better I went shopping not long ago, I cut 7 days ago diazepam. Maybe I’m at peak but I’m also worried about how I will cut whilst working: I have a expo to attend in 5 days and I’m going to be speaking to suppliers (family business) and freaking out 

[bl...]
2 hours ago, [[A...] said:

My life has been on hold for a year now and I’m no were near close to the end result, I need to go back to work I can’t afford this. Some days I don’t even sleep, and im still tapering. How will I manage this has anyone worked through there taper 

How fast are you going on your taper? My first taper I cut at a rate of 5% of my 2mg clonazepam dose every two weeks (with an occasional hold for an extra week or so). This lead me to lose my job. When I got to the end of my taper, I jumped and was in literal hell for 3 months and still not working. I could not financially afford this, so I made a very hard choice to reinstate on a small dose. 25mg. And have been only cutting 1% of my original 2mg dose, and I do it monthly. This has lead me to keep a new job of a little over a year. Some days are harder than other, but I am doing MUCH better going slower. I am even able to go to college part time on top of it all. It is still terrible and I do cry quite often from realizing how damaged my brain is, but I can at least do the bare minimum.

As for the sleep, I was having bad insomnia and I found that Pure ZZ's has worked wonders for me. I am back to getting a full nights sleep. I have to take it every night though. If I do not, I will lay in bed for hours. If I had not found something that helped my sleep, I do not know if I would be able to work and go to school. I will say that regular melatonin did nothing, so I have no clue what the difference is in their product.

[An...]
3 hours ago, [[b...] said:

How fast are you going on your taper? My first taper I cut at a rate of 5% of my 2mg clonazepam dose every two weeks (with an occasional hold for an extra week or so). This lead me to lose my job. When I got to the end of my taper, I jumped and was in literal hell for 3 months and still not working. I could not financially afford this, so I made a very hard choice to reinstate on a small dose. 25mg. And have been only cutting 1% of my original 2mg dose, and I do it monthly. This has lead me to keep a new job of a little over a year. Some days are harder than other, but I am doing MUCH better going slower. I am even able to go to college part time on top of it all. It is still terrible and I do cry quite often from realizing how damaged my brain is, but I can at least do the bare minimum.

As for the sleep, I was having bad insomnia and I found that Pure ZZ's has worked wonders for me. I am back to getting a full nights sleep. I have to take it every night though. If I do not, I will lay in bed for hours. If I had not found something that helped my sleep, I do not know if I would be able to work and go to school. I will say that regular melatonin did nothing, so I have no clue what the difference is in their product.

Hey my friend, congratulations on your progress. I’m glad to hear that you are functional. I have only slowed down my taper now. I cut 0.06 grams per fortnight but I really want off asap 

I am currrntly taking 11.25 mgs diazepam this is going to take another 1 year 

[An...]
3 hours ago, [[b...] said:

What is ZZ for sleep ?