Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Gabapentin prescribed for PTSD

[no...]

looking for some advice... or possibly others that are prescribed Gabapentin while managing their symptoms from Benzo cessation.

Ive been struggling pretty badly after stopping Klon back in October 2023,  I met with a Neurologist today & he mentioned I would need to take Gabapentin to manage the severe flushing & skin burning that is wreaking havoc on my face.  Im hesitant to take this but my face/skin is being damaged with this symptom reoccurring everyday.  He mentioned this symptom is  a result of an overactive nervous system & issues relating/stemming to my PTSD diagnosis from years ago. I declined the medication at first but he said that this will not go away on its own or if it did that it would be a "miracle"

anyone else have this symptom & what did you do too manage or resolve it?

[Ma...]

I’d suggest you research everything about Gabapentin, including side effects and discontinuation, and do a search here.

Gabapentin is kind of a go to med from doctors for people in w/d and many on BB have taken it.

• Like 1

[PE...]
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

looking for some advice... or possibly others that are prescribed Gabapentin while managing their symptoms from Benzo cessation.

Ive been struggling pretty badly after stopping Klon back in October 2023,  I met with a Neurologist today & he mentioned I would need to take Gabapentin to manage the severe flushing & skin burning that is wreaking havoc on my face.  Im hesitant to take this but my face/skin is being damaged with this symptom reoccurring everyday.  He mentioned this symptom is  a result of an overactive nervous system & issues relating/stemming to my PTSD diagnosis from years ago. I declined the medication at first but he said that this will not go away on its own or if it did that it would be a "miracle"

anyone else have this symptom & what did you do too manage or resolve it?

Gabapentin comes with problems on it's own.. it's really the same medicine as pregabalin just less potent.

Mom had it for a year or so, 300mg i believe, and just stopped taking it. I took another gaba drug, phenibut, and i got a fast but intense withdrawal from it. Kind of the mental side of a benzo withdrawal.. I did it daily for 6 years and was fine after 2 weeks.

Gabapentin, pregabalin and phenibut are all in the gaba drug family. Why the withdrawal from these are over much faster than a benzo wd i don't know. It's more of a hit and run thing than a being slowly overrun by a train lol.

Good luck 😊😊

Edited by [PE...]
  • Like 1