Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Numb genitals

[Kr...]

This has been going on for over a year. It’s my entire body but lower torso and genitalia numb and changed. No desire for sex or romance. Makes me really think I have permanent issues.

its been rough lately. Symptoms that have taken a break have now returned. No joy or desire for so long. I don’t feel like a part of the human race.

• Like 1

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

No joy or desire for so long. I don’t feel like a part of the human race.

I remember that feeling. Whenever I managed to get out in public (often just quick runs to grocery store for essentials) I would see all the "normal" people and felt envious that they were able to smile, laugh, and just calmly browse the aisles.

I found myself jealous of normal gaba receptors of all things. Some people admire looks, muscles, clothes, but I only coveted my neighbor's gaba receptors (that doesn't break a commandment does it?). We basically 'other' ourselves due to the way symptoms make our minds and bodies feel. When it is hard to relate to 'normal' people and you feel 'othered' it makes sense that you would feel disconnected from the human race.

As for the numbness in the genitals... isn't it better that it is coinciding with lack of libido? Better than numbness/high libido or vice versa.

Fear not Krissirk, I am sure this will correct itself the further you get into recovery. While some people experience spurts of high/low sex drive many are left feeling like eunichs throughout the process. It is not permanent I assure you and your libido may return with a vengeance beyond what mortals can handle. Shall I burn you a Barry White CD for that inevitable time period?

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2