Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I think many symtoms are part of delirium

[be...]

Unlike hypersensitivity, brain zaps and some other symtoms,

Some symptoms such as confusion, despersonalization, memory impairment and extreme fear usually come and go together. Maybe they are all part of delirium.

• Like 1

[Le...]
2 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Unlike hypersensitivity, brain zaps and some other symtoms,

Some symptoms such as confusion, despersonalization, memory impairment and extreme fear usually come and go together. Maybe they are all part of delirium.

May not even be directly benzo related much of it. I wonder how much someone would experience from just not sleeping nearly at all for months.  probably a lot. 

Nicer way to think too. I in the past have tried to work for days and days without sleep. living on caffeine. i even drove once holding a book against my shoulder so it woke me falling into my lap when i dozed off. Your judgement is very off and you experience lots of weird things. I am pretty sure I experienced what people call hallucinations too. If being in a half dream state and sorta imagining/dreaming things and responding to them even though you dont actually think they are real. just delirious from lack of sleep. Maybe thats what hallucinating is idk. I never really saw anything like they depict hallucinations in movies so idk. 

As far as I know you can hallucinate from just being stressed, that includes lack of sleep. I just remembered I hallucinated once as a child when I had a high fever, it had nothing to do with any benzo. My father had a similar experience from Ptsd, again not related to benzos. He says he saw people that weren't really there and even talked to them, or saw real people distorted. Then it just went away when his body calmed down (there were no psych meds then, it just resolved on its own). This was about 40 years ago and it hasn't happened again.