Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exhausted with a pounding heart

[gu...]

Fortunately, I’ve been able to sleep, but it’s broken into pieces. Been dealing with extreme emotional overwhelm and I am so so exhausted… But when I lay down to sleep, my heart starts to pound. Do others have this problem?

[Re...]
39 minutes ago, [[g...] said:

Fortunately, I’ve been able to sleep, but it’s broken into pieces. Been dealing with extreme emotional overwhelm and I am so so exhausted… But when I lay down to sleep, my heart starts to pound. Do others have this problem?

Yes, I have had this for almost twenty months now. It is only in the middle of the night though. There have been days or weeks when it has gotten better.

[kn...]

Comes and goes.  Breathing shortages are also a problem. I’ve had all this checked out with my cardiologist and received a clean bill of health. It seems to be a common side effect in many of the posts I’ve read here on B&B. 

[Ja...]

Yea I get this thing when you’ve got to forcibly breath for a while like your lungs want to take a break,..and like a gasp falling asleep,very weird

[in...]

Same thing happens to me. Anxiety. Heart is pounding. Especially in the morning. Mind's racing. I can't relax. I jumped of Clonazepam today (after tapering). One day at a time I guess...