Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Advice Please

[jo...]

Is there anything else that you can take to take the edge of this shit. There must be something???

[Cr...]
7 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

do ssri's work for anxiety?

Generally speaking they could. But would you be able to tolerate an increase in anxiety from the ssri start-up effects for 2 to 6 more weeks until it works?

[Cr...]

If you are desperate for possible relief in medication form that is not an ssri you may have some luck with hydroxyzine which is an anti-histamine with anxiolytic properties that also helps with sleep. Beta-blockers (atenolol, propranolol) can also help with the physical symptoms of anxiety but not much with the mental symptoms.

• Like 1

[jo...]
11 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

If you are desperate for possible relief in medication form that is not an ssri you may have some luck with hydroxyzine which is an anti-histamine with anxiolytic properties that also helps with sleep. Beta-blockers (atenolol, propranolol) can also help with the physical symptoms of anxiety but not much with the mental symptoms.

hi crono, howdo beta blockers work? they stop all the shaking and moving around etc?

[jo...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

hi crono, howdo beta blockers work? they stop all the shaking and moving around etc?

would they help with panic?

[Cr...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

"Propranolol is a beta-blocker medicine, which helps to reduce the symptoms of anxiety, including sweating and shaking."

As per youngminds.org.uk

[Cr...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

would they help with panic?

"For anxiety in adults, the typical hydroxyzine dosage starts at 50 mg 4 times a day. The maximum recommended hydroxyzine dosage for anxiety is 100 mg 4 times a day. Keep in mind that hydroxyzine works quickly, which is why it's sometimes prescribed for panic attacks."

As per goodRX

[Cr...]
6 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Beta blockers slow the heart rate and counter the effects of adrenaline.

• Like 1

@[jo...] hang in there dude.  This will pass.

Exercise, yoga, meditation, call up a friend, prayer, journal.  All has helped me when I was at my worst.  I also started playing chess on my phone.  The distraction helps.

• Like 1

[jo...]

Hi everyone. Thanks for the words of support last night it really helped. Just a quick update. I have not had two bad a day today which baffels me slightly. I was sure it was going to be rough again.

The whole day yesterday was a bit unusual as I thought I had seen the back of the all day intense anxiety thing as it has been replaced depression for the most part. But there it was as feirce as I remembered it. Like being attaked by a pit bull.

Yesterday was one of the worst days I've experienced followed by a pretty good day. Go figure. Not even any depression of serious note today. Thanks again for your kind and helpful words of encouragement. It means a lot!

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Hi everyone. Thanks for the words of support last night it really helped. Just a quick update. I have not had two bad a day today which baffels me slightly. I was sure it was going to be rough again.

The whole day yesterday was a bit unusual as I thought I had seen the back of the all day intense anxiety thing as it has been replaced depression for the most part. But there it was as feirce as I remembered it. Like being attaked by a pit bull.

Yesterday was one of the worst days I've experienced followed by a pretty good day. Go figure. Not even any depression of serious note today. Thanks again for your kind and helpful words of encouragement. It means a lot!

That is wonderful news jonwil! Make sure you bookmark this post you made as a reminder that an uptick in severe symptoms are often followed by a very nice reprieve... or dare I say *wood knock* a lengthy window.

You were ready to jump on an ssri and even mentioned a possible benzo rescue dose. Aren't you glad you held out?

I feel like stable Jon should write a message for future wave Jon to read, encouraging him to weather the storm. 

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 2

[jo...]

Your not wrong. I think it would be good for those two people to remain in contact with each other. 

• Like 2