Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Advice Please

[En...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Could really use some encouragement

Just remember that feeling is from withdrawal and not a true feeling from you. It will pass and you will feel good again very soon. 

Stay strong we are all going through this with you. You are not alone. 

• Like 1

[jo...]

Thanks Eng. I've just been getting my ass kicked today. Never had it this bad I dont think.

[En...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Thanks Eng. I've just been getting my ass kicked today. Never had it this bad I dont think.

3 weeks ago I was also getting my ass kicked hard from withdrawal. I just told myself it is only temporary it will pass. If it is morning where you are remember the feeling fades over the course of the day and you will feel better later today. 

You can do this. 

[En...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I also find going for a walk helps me. I push myself even though it is the last thing I want to do. Go slow and walk as far as you feel comfortable. Sometimes sunshine and fresh air and a change of scenery helps.

[jo...]
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

3 weeks ago I was also getting my ass kicked hard from withdrawal. I just told myself it is only temporary it will pass. If it is morning where you are remember the feeling fades over the course of the day and you will feel better later today. 

You can do this. 

Thats the thing. It's almost midnight here and I usually feel some relief. Mabey thats why I panicked.

Edited by [jo...]

[En...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Thats the thing. It's almost midnight here and I usually feel some relief. Mabey thats why I paniked.

The worst thing you can do while feeling anxiety is panic. There isn't too much you can do when in chemical induced anxiety. 

Did you make a recent cut? Maybe something you are for supper? 

[jo...]

No I'm just over 4 months off CT. And this wave feels worse than anything.

[En...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Congratulations on getting off. That is a huge feat in itself. You should be proud of yourself. I hear windows and waves after jumping can last up to 6 to 24 months. Just remember this is a wave and will pass soon. You can try box deep breathing. I do that when I feel anxious and it helps sometimes. Have you felt like this all day? Maybe it is a small wave? 

• Like 3

[Li...]

@[jo...] I'm now 7 months off after an almost CT.  I thought I was doing really well until I got hit with a massive wave at 4 months off like you.  This whole WD process is so strange but symptoms definitely mean healing and we all heal ❤️

• Like 1

[jo...]
10 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Congratulations on getting off. That is a huge feat in itself. You should be proud of yourself. I hear windows and waves after jumping can last up to 6 to 24 months. Just remember this is a wave and will pass soon. You can try box deep breathing. I do that when I feel anxious and it helps sometimes. Have you felt like this all day? Maybe it is a small wave? 

Yeah it started as soon as I woke up and just esculated. Only had an hour sleep to.

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah it started as soon as I woke up and just esculated. Only had an hour sleep to.

Maybe the lack of sleep is contributing. 

• Like 1

[pi...]

Hello @[jo...],

Have you tried some box breathing? It was helpful to me during recovery. You breathe in slowly for a count of 4, hold for a count of 4, exhale through your mouth for a count of 4 and hold for a count of 4. 

• Like 1

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[jo...],

Have you tried some box breathing? It was helpful to me during recovery. You breathe in slowly for a count of 4, hold for a count of 4, exhale through your mouth for a count of 4 and hold for a count of 4. 

Thanks I'll try that.(y)

• Like 1

[Cr...]

Jon can you handle milk? Hot milk always brought me some comfort when stressed or anxious. Maybe some caffeine-free tea mixed in it as well. Taking small sips of a hot beverage can help distract and calm you down.

If you have been stuck inside for awhile it may help to do a brisk walk to release some of that nervous energy.

A panic attack will not harm you. So don't fight it or try to prevent it. Tell it to do its worst and you will realize the emperor has no clothes.

Pianogirl's breathing exercises can help prevent panic from getting worse and aid in general relaxation. Be sure to do it several times (10?) a session and multiple sessions a day to get best effect.

• Like 1

[En...]
10 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Thanks I'll try that.(y)

I sometimes have to do deep breathing for 30mins. Eyes closed. 

Taking a cold shower also works or dipping your head in a sink full of cold water up to your temples. 

• Like 1

[Cr...]
32 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I remember being caught off guard at how I could feel so much worse at month 4 than I did the first 3 months. It just doesn't feel logical but that is actually quite common in withdrawal.

Just hold out buddy, there is likely a nice window waiting to open for you after this temporary wave is over.

• Like 2

[jo...]
3 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I remember being caught off guard at how I could feel so much worse at month 4 than I did the first 3 months. It just doesn't feel logical but that is actually quite common in withdrawal.

Just hold out buddy, there is likely a nice window waiting to open for you after this temporary wave is over.

Thanks Crono(y)

[Li...]
25 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Thanks Lisa.

@[jo...] I also can't exercise or walk still.  It revs my CNS up too much and I don't sleep for days.  Some people may find relief from physical activity but unfortunately in this awful WD,  I am exercise resistant.  My body, brain and CNS wants complete rest while all these adaptations reverse back into homeostatis.  We do all heal, it's just an awful process ❤️

• Like 1

[Li...]
5 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

@[Cr...] this is exactly what happened to me.  I thought I was one of the lucky ones who miss getting PAWS but alas no, I'm very much in the thick of it still at now 7 months off.

• Like 1

[Cr...]

@jonwil

I went back through my posts to when I was around 4 months off regular alcohol use and 3 months from my  3-week klonopin reinstatement. This was after just 1 week of major suffering, I had several more weeks to go. Found this in an old prayer thread. Things got so bad I even made the mistake of taking 2 "rescue doses". My how foolish I was.

Hello everyone, I too am going to join in and say prayers for those on that list.  During this past week I was in the darkest corners of depression and anxiety and literally fell to my knees and told god I could not do this alone.  I feel like I got a boost of willpower.  Please keep me in your prayers as well.  I have just gotten over the death of 2 people very dear to me and I am fighting horrible anxiety/depression and a possible benzo relapse.  Fighting hard here in Pennsylvania.  Thank you all so much..

• Like 2

[jo...]

Taking a rescue dose has crossed my mind to be fair. It's just so brutal sometimes.