Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Frequent need to urinate

[Al...]

Does anyone else feel a frequent need to urinate even if they don't drink anything. For the past few days, I have had to urinate almost every hour, even during the night when I should be sleeping and it is driving me crazy. Is there anything that can be done? It feels like I have a urinary tract infection, but I don't think it's that, I think it's a side effect or withdrawal symptom from clonazepam. I'm not sure I can take much more of this.

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[A...] said:

Does anyone else feel a frequent need to urinate even if they don't drink anything. For the past few days, I have had to urinate almost every hour, even during the night when I should be sleeping and it is driving me crazy. Is there anything that can be done? It feels like I have a urinary tract infection, but I don't think it's that, I think it's a side effect or withdrawal symptom from clonazepam. I'm not sure I can take much more of this.

Yes I get this during withdrawal as well. I pee so much it has no color after awhile. Make sure you drink lots of water so you dont dehydrate and feel worse. 

• Like 1

[jo...]

If my anxiety is revved up then I have to go a lot. There's definitely a link there. I here a lot of people talk of this symptom I'm pretty sure it's withdrawl related.

• Like 1

[Al...]
On 05/06/2024 at 08:56, [[E...] said:

Yes I get this during withdrawal as well. I pee so much it has no color after awhile. Make sure you drink lots of water so you dont dehydrate and feel worse. 

Has it got better for you as you taper?

[En...]
5 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Has it got better for you as you taper?

It gets better after the acute stageof withdrawal. During the acute stage about 2 weeks after a taper I pee all the time it seems 

[Al...]

@[En...]

Thanks for the response. Just to make sure I understand correctly. Do you mean that you get this symptom after making a cut, and it usually lasts for about two weeks?

[En...]
5 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

@[En...]

Thanks for the response. Just to make sure I understand correctly. Do you mean that you get this symptom after making a cut, and it usually lasts for about two weeks?

Yes that is what I find. As I heal from a taper it gets better. 

• Like 1

[En...]
10 hours ago, [[A...] said:

@[En...]

And then it comes back after you taper again? How often do you taper?

I have been tapering when I feel I can handle the symptoms for a few days. Not 100% better but tolerable. Usually that is 10 to 14 days. This last cut I did I cut too much and have been holding for almost a month now. The first two weeks after the cut were a nightmare. I mainly have morning anxiety that eases up as the day goes on. Mornings are tough. 

• Like 1

[En...]
11 hours ago, [[A...] said:

@[En...]

And then it comes back after you taper again? How often do you taper?

I actually have frequent urination today but my symptoms are up today. It seems when my symptoms are at their worst I pee more. It could be the we have an overactive bladder in withdrawal. 

• Like 1

[Sw...]

Hey @[Al...] so interestingly our excretory system is connected to our nervous system. So many things are connected to our nervous system that I never knew about, and digestion and excretion are 2 biggies! Your body is confused right now and is overexcited because you’re cutting your kp doses so it’s sending “pee now!” Signals. 

I had this it was terrible. It went away pretty quickly! It’s super common!

• Like 1

[Ja...]

Couple of gulps from your drink and it’s pee time 10 mins later,especially bad in the mornings,and yea even feel like needing a pee when probably nowt to pee it’s ridiculous  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
[Al...]
On 06/06/2024 at 23:33, [[S...] said:

Hey @[Al...] so interestingly our excretory system is connected to our nervous system. So many things are connected to our nervous system that I never knew about, and digestion and excretion are 2 biggies! Your body is confused right now and is overexcited because you’re cutting your kp doses so it’s sending “pee now!” Signals. 

I had this it was terrible. It went away pretty quickly! It’s super common!

Thanks @[Sw...]

Did it go away during your taper or only after you had completely tapered off? It's really driving me mad:brickwall: 

[Al...]

There's definitely an element of stress but I think it could be related to the pelvic floor muscles that control your bladder. 

This is from WebMD:

Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

When you have pelvic floor dysfunction, your pelvic muscles can’t relax or work together the way they should. If these muscles can’t relax, only tighten, you may have:

• Like 1

[PE...]
Just now, [[A...] said:

@[PE...] Did you ever have this symptom?

Yes I totally had! It was just one thing that didn't function so i didn't think if it much. Taking pee pauses was a welcome break from the akathisia. 

It's stress and will get better!!

• Like 1

[Al...]

Did you only have it once you were off the drugs?

[PE...]
4 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Did you only have it once you were off the drugs?

It was one of the cluster of symptoms i had in the acute. I didn't taper.

[Al...]
3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

It was one of the cluster of symptoms i had in the acute. I didn't taper.

I know it was really hard for you at first, but you seem to be doing well now considering you didn't taper. Do you have an opinion on slow tapering versus stopping much faster? It's a difficult balance because the longer you taper, the longer you have to stay on the drugs.

[PE...]
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I know it was really hard for you at first, but you seem to be doing well now considering you didn't taper. Do you have an opinion on slow tapering versus stopping much faster? It's a difficult balance because the longer you taper, the longer you have to stay on the drugs.

Good question. If it's possible to taper I think it can be a better option than CT. 

My problem was that i gotten almost totally tolerant to them. What ever i did and dose i was in full blown withdrawal. 

But when i was off them i don't think I had it harder than those tapering. 

This is sure on of the one million dollar questions. 

Edited by [PE...]
  • Like 1

[be...]

yes. i have to keep going to the restroom even though i didn't drink lots of water.... it is annoying. no quality of life.

[Al...]

@[be...] Yeah, it really sucks. I can't believe these drugs are legal considering the harm they do. At the very least, they should be a drug of last resort.