Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is your hypersensitivity like?

[be...]
Posted (edited)

When you are hypersensitive to light, does it just feel bright?

mine feels like my brain and nerves are being cauterized by electricity or something when I see flourescent light, LED, smartphones or laptops. It is slightly calming down tho. It is still painful.

What is yours like?

Edited by [be...]

[Cr...]

Would wearing shades indoors help at all?

I had hypersensitivity to sound and the vibrations from sound. I am not just talking about caught offguard noises either. They could be sounds that I know were coming visually but still feel electricity jolt through my body when the noise/vibration came.

[be...]
2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I had hypersensitivity to sound and the vibrations from sound. I am not just talking about caught offguard noises either. They could be sounds that I know were coming visually but still feel electricity jolt through my body when the noise/vibration came.

how many days off?

[Cr...]

Periodically throughout my 1.5 year recovery period, increasing in intensity whenever in a wave.

Was still slightly sensitive for a year or 2 more but it eventually became more tolerable with time and subsided.

[Ja...]

I bought the boxing last Saturday there,.I paid £25,..2 matches in I had to turn away from the tv

i shut my eyes and just listened to it,.as it got a bit later the sound as well was going right through me.like utter carnage 

I just went to bed,.the senses get really affected I found out that night

[be...]
3 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I bought the boxing last Saturday there,.I paid £25,..2 matches in I had to turn away from the tv

i shut my eyes and just listened to it,.as it got a bit later the sound as well was going right through me.like utter carnage 

I just went to bed,.the senses get really affected I found out that night

So you are ok with light?

No jolts?

[Ja...]

I’ve put down my phone plenty of times as well pal,..the only jolts are the sleeping 1s or random body movements out the blue

• Like 1

[Ms...]

It hurts. My eyes are also very dry now. Screens cause pain in the nerves behind my eyeballs, this goes in and out. I found certain glasses (not blue blocker) that help a bit looking at laptops. LED lights are unbearable. I just ordered tons of old school lightbulbs from Hungary. I wear glasses indoors in public to block out the light. I also have sound, scent and temperature sensitivity.

[Be...]

Temperature is the worst for me. I live in southern USA and the heat literally sends me into a state of panic as soon as I step outside. When I come inside, I can’t let a fan or vent blow air directly on me or it feels like ice fire on my skin. 

• Like 1

[fa...]
13 hours ago, [[M...] said:

It hurts. My eyes are also very dry now. Screens cause pain in the nerves behind my eyeballs, this goes in and out. I found certain glasses (not blue blocker) that help a bit looking at laptops. LED lights are unbearable. I just ordered tons of old school lightbulbs from Hungary. I wear glasses indoors in public to block out the light. I also have sound, scent and temperature sensitivity.

I know you have been off quite a while.  Have you made any progress?

[En...]
15 hours ago, [[b...] said:

mine feels like my brain and nerves are being cauterized by electricity or something when I see flourescent light, LED, smartphones or laptops. It is slightly calming down tho. It is still painful.

What is yours like?

I feel sensitive to light and sound in a deep wave. I can turn the TV on but you can barely hear it. There was a few times I had to leave the TV off and sit in silence but the tinnitus would kick in. 

[Ms...]
2 hours ago, [[f...] said:

I know you have been off quite a while.  Have you made any progress?

My sound sensitivity isn't as bad as it was. Before, going in a grocery store or something I felt like I was being stabbed in the brain with an icepick from the blasting sounds - the sounds are worse if loud and coming from multiple places. It just jumbles into one painful noise. Now the sound feels like physical "pressure" on me, and I want to get away from it, but it's not stabbing. 

[fa...]
2 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

My sound sensitivity isn't as bad as it was. Before, going in a grocery store or something I felt like I was being stabbed in the brain with an icepick from the blasting sounds - the sounds are worse if loud and coming from multiple places. It just jumbles into one painful noise. Now the sound feels like physical "pressure" on me, and I want to get away from it, but it's not stabbing. 

Mine feels like pressure too. It's hard to find the words to describe.  

• Like 1

[Ms...]
1 minute ago, [[f...] said:

Mine feels like pressure too. It's hard to find the words to describe.  

Sometimes I even drop things. Like my brain has to "carry" the sound. I can't cook with noise or I make a mess.

[fa...]
32 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Sometimes I even drop things. Like my brain has to "carry" the sound. I can't cook with noise or I make a mess.

I had something like that but it was with my eyes. I don't know how to describe it.  What other remaining symptoms do you have?  

[Be...]

I have serious food sensitivity 2.5 years off. Can't have sugar or choclate or any processed food 

[cl...]
20 hours ago, [[b...] said:

What is yours like?

Yes I'm sensitive to everything! Lights, smells, and noises can trigger me.

I just get super agitated and I wanna scream. I hate it.

[be...]
On 06/06/2024 at 01:54, [[c...] said:

Yes I'm sensitive to everything! Lights, smells, and noises can trigger me.

I just get super agitated and I wanna scream. I hate it.

is it something that is physiological?

or do u have and sensations (burning or electrical) in your head like some other people do?

[Ca...]
On 04/06/2024 at 13:44, [[C...] said:

Yup, I know that feeling, loud or sudden noises feels like an electric surge up the midsection which is actually a painful thing. I'm hyper-sensitive to light as well, even the TV especially when images are flashing at a rapid pace. I have a hard enough time trying to figure it out or stay up with what's going on, I got to just flip it off and keep still and quiet. I keep it dark and quiet in the room most the time anyways. 

[cl...]
On 07/06/2024 at 22:29, [[b...] said:

is it something that is physiological?

or do u have and sensations (burning or electrical) in your head like some other people do?

Sometimes I do. But with smells and bright lights it just feels like it hurts and even going down the laundry detergent aisle, its too overpowering. I don't feel good walking near it