Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What are your views on procaine?

[he...]

In the previous year, I went to an infusion clinic to try an injection of NADH, hoping that it could help me based on some success stories. By that time, I was on 100 mg of Luvox, 200 mg of pregabalin, and 7.5 or 10 mg of Valium (I don’t remember).

I then took 50 mg of NADH and felt, with the exception of a tinnitus spike, incredible. I've been dealing with sensory overload, agoraphobia, and some other symptoms of CFS, probably induced by the benzos, unable to read or use the cellphone without feeling a "frying brain" symptom or as if my right temple were overheating, even with little time on these activities.

Then for 2 or 3 days, I was able to read with no limitation that I noticed, able to use the cellphone and I was considering driving.

As the infusion clinic is kind of expensive, I ordered some injectable NADH. But to my deception, they didn’t have the same effect even in the same dose. Many months later, when I was on a consultation with a neurologist, I mentioned my experience with NADH and he then commented that some professionals were using procaine for psychiatry disorders.

After the consultation, I then remembered that the nurse commented the content of the other ampoule. They used procaine in the diluent.

After connecting the dots I did some research, but it seems this treatment is rather uncommon at least for now. I also read that it is a MAO, so that would justify the tinnitus spike (I have antidepressant-induced tinnitus). Also saw that it somehow influences SAMe, GABA-C, cortical levels and I think it has GH3.

I need to share that I've been miserable these days, barely functional, and that the days when I was influenced by procaine were the best in a long time. I guess, I am not working, watching TV, listening to music, exercising, nor reading so, depending on the safety I would consider taking 1 or 2 injections of NADH+ procaine each week. Maybe until finishing the taper.

But then there are doubts: is this substance safe in the long term? Can it cause dependency and/or make my situation worse? I know that there are few professionals using procaine for psychiatric conditions but are there theoretical reasons to avoid it?

Your views and experiences are welcomed.

TIA

[Le...]

how long have you been off the other drugs? Have your symptoms been improving over time?