Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Speech(Broken conversations), and writing

[Ca...]

Hey buddies,

Has anybody here experience symptoms while tapering into CT from X and finding themselves trouble having conversations without forgeting or skipping words and writing? I feel like my shakes have changed my hand writing and my spelling are over the place, forgetting word's in sentences but I was sure I wrote them and twitching when writing which messes up my writing also. Anyone experience this at all and how long it lasts for you personally?

Thanks buds,

C

[Lu...]

Feel the same, I’ve been CT for 4 days today and feel that exact way. Having a hard time putting my words together. 

• Sad 1

[Le...]

It will be ok. many of us experience this and it is very disturbing but just temporary. I had a very hard time reading at all for quite a while. It will all sort itself out. 

[Ca...]

Hey Luis, 

I was drinking heavily for 3 years and in the last year taking unsubscribed xanax(Rlams) for a year, 1mg to 2mg per day. I said enough last Wednesday and did an extremely quick taper switching to Diazepam and taking 0.25mg less each day that equalled the original dose and using sleeping pills to help. Symptoms have decreased but I'm sure if it was alcohol withdrawl aswell mixed in but I've had serious brain fog and seriously worried about going back to work and not looking messed up because I've to do alot of talking in word. It's really horrible because I just feel so slow when I'm having a conversation or trying to give best input and feedback

Thanks Lee! I need something positive the past few days. How long did it take for you to decrease? Do you mind me asking how long you were on benzos for?

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

years and I didnt decrease. CT.   i wasnt as coherent as you until after 1.5 or so of them. Things will keep improving. Live as healthy and active as you can. 

Edited by [Le...]

[Ca...]

I hope so man, and well done for getting through it. I've been getting out running and stuff but it's still very early days for me. It just feels like most of the day I'm walking around in a cloud. At night it gets better but it might also have to do with my sleeping being completely off. Some nights I don't sleep at all and then in the very early morning and sleep all day....nightmare 

[Le...]

yea you are doing well. things are going to get a lot better soon. I improved and if tou want an idea of the beginning for me then click my name and read a recent post I made asking if anyone went through that. I dont know for sure what others experience but it seemed particularly hard for me. you will do much better. 

[Ca...]
Posted (edited)

Thanks Lee, I'm basically at the stage where I'm just trying to get through to the next day. I'll defo give you post a look aswell!

And we all have different paths, I hop it gets better. Just hard to believe what this drug can do to someone, I regret ever being put onto it. 

And you will do great aswell pal, don't worry we will all get there once we stay on track. The worst and embarrassing issue is that I can't stop sweating, like from every part of my body, its crazy. I can't go anywhere, I'm having a panic attack everytime I think about going to the barbers

Edited by [Ca...]

[Le...]

yea the agoraphobia is quite something. I can hardly believe where I am remembering where I have been. we will both be ok. 

[Le...]

oh just so you know I can do almost anything again. besides be calm about what I have been through. 

[Ca...]

I get you, I've never been through something like this ever in my life and mixed with coming off heavy drink CT it just drove me absolutely insane. At one stage I thought I was going down that road but I just need to stay mentally strong. I've had to keep this from every I know aswell so it's been very tough not being able to express the issues until I got in here

And I completely get you, staying calm, keeping my anxiety down and sweating....so horrible but as you said we will get through it, just stay strong and keep healthy. I won't ever take my health for granted again, I just can't wait to be over this and to go straight and healthy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

[Le...]

I am happy to hear you are getting some running in. All the activity and good food you can get man. 

• Like 1

[Ca...]

That's it pal, and if you can somehow make it to a sauna or pool that's meant to really help but not cure. Unfortunately sweating isn't sweating out the drug. Only essential salts for you body so make sure to replace them.....I've only made it out running but at the start I feel like I'm running on a cloud and not very balanced until I get going 

[Le...]

yea. should get easier and the sooner you get that activity in then the better. not always easy though. 

[Ca...]

Not at all man, but the gym and running is the only place I can feel comfortable sweating:'(

[Li...]
3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hey buddies,

Has anybody here experience symptoms while tapering into CT from X and finding themselves trouble having conversations without forgeting or skipping words and writing? I feel like my shakes have changed my hand writing and my spelling are over the place, forgetting word's in sentences but I was sure I wrote them and twitching when writing which messes up my writing also. Anyone experience this at all and how long it lasts for you personally?

Thanks buds,

C

@[Ca...] yes !! Day 9 after stopping valium from a rapid detox, I woke up and couldn't talk properly. Words were coming out jumbled up and in the wrong order (APHASIA).  I also noticed that if I stood still and closed my eyes, I'd lose my balance. I'm 7 months off now and my speech has returned to almost normal but still have a few issues with balance.

• Wow 1

[Li...]
2 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Thanks Lee, I'm basically at the stage where I'm just trying to get through to the next day. I'll defo give you post a look aswell!

And we all have different paths, I hop it gets better. Just hard to believe what this drug can do to someone, I regret ever being put onto it. 

And you will do great aswell pal, don't worry we will all get there once we stay on track. The worst and embarrassing issue is that I can't stop sweating, like from every part of my body, its crazy. I can't go anywhere, I'm having a panic attack everytime I think about going to the barbers

@[Ca...] I sweated HEAVILY 24/7 for the whole of my rapid detox and for 30 days after I stopped valium.  The sweating almost completely stopped then !! It was the WORST thing I have ever smelt in my life but it completely disappeared at 30 days off??

• Wow 1

[Ca...]
Posted (edited)

Hey @[Li...], I completely get you here! I'm having problems the most with group conversations, 1 on 1s are ok but I still forget alot of words and now I realised I've lost alot of memory....me and my brother went to watch a stand up comedy I suggested and he laugh saying we already watched it together......WHEN??

and yes I find when I stand up from bed or the couch I'm abut off, I think it might be from long periods of not moving but I'm totally all over the place, the runs I'm doing are hellong to manage it I think? I need to try your test to see if I fall over:balloon:

Edited by [Ca...]
  • Love 1

[Ca...]
Posted (edited)

That's exactly the same aswell @[Li...], it's not like normal sweat, it's smells so bad. Like you haven't showered in a couple of days! I'd wake up like that have a shower and come the nighttime it's exactly the same! So once you stopped all benzo use you had a 30 day window? Did it calm much over the 30 days or excessive the while way through?? I get anxiety with the clothes I'm wearing and leaving the house:crazy:

Edited by [Ca...]

[Li...]

@[Ca...] I just noticed that a lot of physical symptoms stopped at 30 days off.  The sweating and body odour, heart palpitations also stopped, metalic mouth taste stopped.  It's a very STRANGE process though. Once the drug itself has left your body, another process starts.  Benzo's adapt many parts of our CNS (only in dependency), especially GABA receptors etc etc.  This process takes an average of 6 to 18 months AFTER you stop the drug, to reverse those adaptations back to their pre benzo state, which is called CNS Homeostatis ❤️

• Sad 1

[or...]
12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hey buddies,

Thanks buds,

C

A definite yes, and I don't believe it's all about my age.  This one is a brain thing and it's only come on during my taper.  Just a year into that, but I have those exact sxs @[Ca...], oregonlady :hug:

• Wow 1

[or...]

I hold onto the article by Parker on "What is Happening to Your Brain".  I need to be reminded by a peer like you, or sometimes I'll just go and re-read her article.  I'll paste it below, but basically, my brain is healing itself as the benzo leaves my body, and so are some of my physical issues. I guess that all goes together, works together.

I realize there has to be a detox period so to speak, so even a little skin issue I think of as my body discarding garbage (the benzo).  I believe that's true, and I do my best to eat healthy and get exercise every day.  Fueling my body to support it's healing :smitten:

I'll put @[pa...] article here for you in case you haven't seen it yet ;) oregonlady

What is happening in your brain

• Love 1

[pi...]

This is very normal for withdrawal and recovery. The brain and nervous system is working hard to reset. I felt pretty ‘dumb’ for a while. Being a pianist and teacher, there were times I thought my students played better than me. I felt a disconnect between my brain and my fingers. It improved a little by little. After time I felt I could actually concentrate better than before benzos. My first performance post withdrawal was really good, and I felt those wonderful endorphins.

This gets better, a lot better. Let your system find its way to balance. It will.

• Like 1

[Le...]
7 minutes ago, [[p...] said:

This is very normal for withdrawal and recovery. The brain and nervous system is working hard to reset. I felt pretty ‘dumb’ for a while. Being a pianist and teacher, there were times I thought my students played better than me. I felt a disconnect between my brain and my fingers. It improved a little by little. After time I felt I could actually concentrate better than before benzos. My first performance post withdrawal was really good, and I felt those wonderful endorphins.

This gets better, a lot better. Let your system find its way to balance. It will.

hi pianogirl. i used to play a lot and kind of gave it up at one point when my hippy teacher kept trying to get me into blues which was boring and repetitive to me and I was bring out chopin books. I am going to use getting back into playing to try to restore myself a bit through challenging my mind. Hows your ability now?  It is very hard for me but it has also been almost 2 decades.